Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#75026 02/15/10 01:56 AM
OP Offline

Hello All,

I am playing with and using PR and am getting better at it and I do have a few questions.

Is my understanding correct, that the sole purpose of trigger words is for creating questions which are used for mind probing thereby accomplishing the stated purpose?

Trigger words haven't ever jumped out at me. What I have found is that I can develop many, many questions from my stated purpose, front/back covers/flaps, contents page, pictures, subtitles, etc... Basically I am using the preview to get both the structure of the material AND to develop my mind probing questions while playing with the material. Will this approach be as effective as retrieving trigger words and getting questions from those?

Do I really need the trigger words or can I just use these other means to develop questions and have just as good an effect with PRing?

Sincerely,
Greg

Use and go in the direction that works best for you. When I (personally) use trigger words I find they direct me to material and paragraphs while Super Reading and Dipping.

CPW1 #75091 02/18/10 11:14 AM
Learning Strategies Admin

Trigger words are any words that carry meaning if you notice it on the page it's a trigger word. They help you to build your curiosity and yet they rarely wind up being the questions we ask the book when it comes to activation.

Think of them this way. You're reaching into a box of keys and grabbing a handful. You'll need a few of them to open a few doors to your understanding of the text.Once you start looking at the doors you'll recognise keys that are still in the box and pick them out as needed.

AlexK

OP Offline

Thank you for the clarification. Obviously i will play with the system more.

I usually write down words that I notice appear often as I flip through pages...also anything I find in the index that has a lot of references to it since it relates to importance of what the author it trying to convey.

"Don't worry about treading slow....worry about standing still ~Chinese Proverb"

Yes,

The index is a good place to look if after looking through the rest of the book you didn't get much to start on for activating the book. I prefer to go with what I see on the pages. I discover what is important to me. The index shows what the author considers important. Good to know. Not always relevant. \:\)

AlexK

Thanx Alex. You're actually very right. It relates to what the author considers important. I didn't think of it that way. I'll make note of that when I use the index next time. I guess I wanted to really understand what the author was trying to convey most of the time in relation to my purpose.

"Don't worry about treading slow....worry about standing still ~Chinese Proverb"

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved