Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D.Bon Offline OP
OP Offline

I am a beginner photo-reader, I am getting to the wrong way confusion>>stress>>inability to relax
I urgently need to learn it because I have piles of urgent studies to finish ..
I've been practicing for two weeks and practicing eye divergence and photofocus I am feeling that I can't diverge no more (I think I was getting better at it)

I have another question: my studies are mainly lots of chemical names and chemical structures and formulas(pharmacy) how do I memorize these easily ..I tried photo reading but remembered only from normal reading and mind map but not efficiently as I had in mind, no mind optimization and I can't remember from photoreading \:\(
help me please

Well sounds like Photoreading is a skill you best separate out from this compelling use of 'I have piles of urgent studies to finish...'

You either 'got it' by now or did not.

Study your chemistry anyway you now already know how before being exposed to Photoreading.

Master Photoreading some other day without this pressure. For, as by your post you sound like you are already underneath it.

Stepping back and looking at this from a larger perspective; namely, what study skill do you have now or already have proven out as working for you that you can apply to mastering chemistry?

If you have no goodly study skills useful to the task, then indeed your road in school will be hard.

To bad really if so, ones schooling often puts forward the wrong thing first too often; like shoving 'content' at you before making sure you have down well, the basic skill of assimilating 'content' and most especially, long before you get to a subject like chemistry.

Learning Strategies Admin

Are you learning with the home study course? You're focusing too much on one step.

To Relax Open your mouth and allow yourself to draw a slow deep deep breath. Slowly exhale. Repeat two more times. There you're more relaxed than before. And that's relaxed enough to start.

Next prepare (purpose ideal state)
Take another couple of deep slow breaths
Preview
Prepare; enter the Accelerated Learning State, purpose and affirm then PhotoRead. Say the chant and flip with a steady rhythm. However you do it at this stage is good enough.

prepare, postview deep breath, cross crawls to relax
Prepare and activate. Repeat until done.

Be playful and as already advised. First learn PhotoReading on other books not the studies that have you in a state of agitation already.

AlexK

I agree with Alex and Yukala. You are putting way to much pressure on yourself and hence making any PR counterproductive.

You need to start practicing with other books that are not a pressured "need", it will boost your confidence that you can PR and make it easier to eventually use the process with PR your technical stuff.

I could suggest you Photoread/Photofocus on all those Chemistry charts and if you use flashcards, Photoread/Photofocus flipping through those...stating your purpose sub-vocally and chanting while you do it. Do that while you're relaxed...like when you're waiting in line for something or taking a break between classes. But don't give it such high importance that you get anxious. Take those cards with you everywhere....photoread them...put them away...talk to your friends or do something else...photoread them again whenever you have a minute to spare. Just do that process over and over again, passively doing it, thinking "I'll get it". You might eventually get an urge to Mindmap something, dream about it, suddenly have clarity to your studies. But don't force it. Listen to your inner ques or urges to open to a certain page or chart, it's your subconscious telling you something important in your studies.

PR is done in layers...but not every step is needed for every type of PR.

I have the home study course...I took the 7th CD and used it as guidance going through the process. I keep doing it until I stopped needing it and go with how I FEEL best fits my particular reading.

Lastly, take into consideration what type of learner you are. Are you mostly visual, auditory or kinetic...this could be part of why you are struggling. You may be so focused on being "visual" and if you are kinetic in nature...you missed out on connecting things together. Mindmapping is good for kinetics and visual. If you're auditory...then perhaps explaining what you've learned or talking to yourself aloud while pondering your studies could help. If you're auditory and you mindmapped something...connect those pictures and words and turn it into a rap song or kids song. Sounds silly, but I bet you wouldn't forget it! If you like computers and typing...they have tons of free mind mapping programs online...you could cut and paste visuals and what ever else would help. You could buy a huge posterboard, mindmap chemistry thought and stick it where you walk by all the time...your subconscious sees it (think "dream boards") Be creative and even silly if you have to. You gain trust in your subconscious when you let the results of PR happen.

Good luck...I know you can do it!!! \:\)

"Don't worry about treading slow....worry about standing still ~Chinese Proverb"

I would agree with the other posts. As a beginner, allow yourself the opportunity to learn PR at a comfortable pace, without the pressure to use it for instant results. It would be unfair to expect a beginning bike rider to compete in a five-mile bike race the first day that peddling is mastered.

If you want to start incorporating PR into your studies, do it gradually and in small steps by trying it on one short assignment and then another. Don't abandon the other study techniques that have worked for you in the past -- use PR initially to supplement what you are doing.

A few basic principles of PR that I think will be helpful for any form of study are the principles of looking over material multiple times, asking lots of questions, looking for answers, and discussing the material on which you will be tested. I hope this helps.

I would like to recommend a tried and tested technique that will help you to literally climb out of this mode and into one that feels better and is more productive for you. Make a quiet space and do these steps:

Inside you there are two people - one is the worrier, who has written the email asking for help. The other is your Supreme Self Manager, who knows the answers to this and who is a good manager of your emotional you.

Sit in your chair, close your eyes and imagine yourself flying up in the air until the worried you, who is concerned about the exam, looks quite small and you don't have that person's emotions on board. You must keep going until you can literally feel the emotions are no longer in you as the Self Manager, but in the worried you down on the ground. If necessary go up into space - keep travelling up until you are very calm. When you are there, ask yourself what the worried you down there actually needs.

Project your love and healing energy down to the worried you, like Scottie does in Star Trek Enterprise, and advise the worried you about what to do. If necessary say to that worried you that you will do the work and show them how to do it. Offer some comforting thoughts to the worried you.

Next: What sections does the wise (floating) you think the work should be split into? How long would you recommend the worried you to spend on them? Ask as many helpful questions as you need to resolve the issue. Know you can be in charge, without being controlling. This is about becoming free to write a great exam, remember. So create a realistic schedule and put this in the diary.

Finally, when you have got this information clear in your head and put it in the diary, go back into your wise you for a short moment, and then float back down into the other you, who should now be feeling calmer. Visualise receiving all the positive energy that the wise you beamed down from the sky. Feel it like a warm flow and notice how different a place the body of the worried you now is. You can rejoice in that however you wish, smile, hum, give thanks... Open your eyes and begin, bit by bit, to follow your plan.

Know that you can always step outside your worried you using this technique to clear your head, and you can always take your resistant (worried) you by the hand and steward that person through the work. I have been using this technique for 10 years. Can't recommend it highly enough.

As for your study techniques, I can't better the advices above, unless you want to ask me as a PhotoReading instructor about any specifics. My suggestion is to break your Mount Everest into a few smaller foothills, schedule them in, and do one by one, rewarding yourself with something meaningful.

When I did my last school exams (lots of moons ago...) I went to see an afternoon matinee on my own after each exam. I still remember all those films as if it were yesterday and in my mind they have become cult movies because of how great I felt when I went to see them. I know the same can happen for you. Just think of a time when you surprised yourself with how well you can study lots of material. It's all there - inside you already. You just have to notice it. :-)

Blessings and good luck. :-)

this technic it`s not photoreading. but if you need remind that, read the book... power memory to HARRY LORAYNE.
You can remember all you want.

D.Bon Offline OP
OP Offline

thank you so much all really :-) Now I can control my emotions and keep divergent eyes while on photofocus state.
the issue now is still the memory how can I optimize it? I don't find info I need flooding and being recovered easily when I need them

If you're not finding answers in activation check what your purpose was. Activate to build the neural pathways so you can quickly access the information when you need it.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved