Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#7310 04/16/04 02:01 AM
NeoZon Offline OP
OP Offline

I was going through the natural brilliance course again. It's been a while since I listen to this course. I find that most of the course has been integrated into me. But, I notice that I haven't been doing the final step, "Witness." I believe I lack the understanding of what witness meant in this course. On going through this time I had an insight that came to me. I really grasped the suggestion of taking a consultant point of view. I can feel this 4th point of view now.

I was wondering if I can do witness while I’m in the responding stage. In fact, I think one of my limitation have been that I considered that I had to do everything in stages. I could not proceed to notice without doing release first. I think I have put such a constraint on me that it wasn’t making it fun. I’m actually pealing away one of my self limiting belief as I am writing this. I can’t do it unless I know it in full detail. There it is my stop sign. I can’t be good at anything, unless I know it inside and out. That keeps me from proceeding further. A fear of failure. It’s the one Paul warns us about. The mind tries to take everything to its logical solution. It must be perfect first. Now, I know I can have fun doing this.

[This message has been edited by NeoZon (edited April 16, 2004).]

#7311 04/16/04 06:01 AM

Hey NeoZon, how well can you be perfect at being incomplete? How about if you witness your response? How perfect is your stop sign? How perfect is your fear of failure? How perfectly am I making sense? What happens when you look at something from an angle that you havent' yet discovered? Well then, hope this helped.

George

#7312 04/16/04 06:37 AM

I know what you mean, when I first started the Natural Brilliance course I was puzzled because I was trying to go like "ok release, alright now I'm gonna start noticing, ok now......" I think what Paul is really trying to accomplish with the course is for you to basically be introduced consciously how to access your Natural Brilliance, to basically guide you to being your full fledged infinite self. The Steps themselves in "Real" time aren't really steps at all, it's simply the fluid movement of life going through you, learning, moving, and becoming more of who you really are, and not someone who lives robotically from the limiting training of schools, media, and the way some folks around us "think" we should be like. There is evidence that about 15,000-20,000 years ago the entire earth dwelling humans were a balanced people fully surrendered to the Natural Order. And then a few groups of men decided to build cities and conquer and struggle against nature. This way of thinking started to permeate the way people raised their children and the way people interacted with each other and the environment. Many of humans are now seeing that this isn't really working to well. Thats why people now are getting into Tai Chi, meditation, and thats why we have things like Natural Brilliance, so that even in our urban land we can still follow the Natural law and be at peace.
Here's another example: I play drums. I'm trying a new beat that I've never attempted. I tense up, it's frustrating it's just not quite happening. So I RELEASE, then I automatically NOTICE more of my limbs movement and how I can better manipulate them, I automatically have better ability to make my limbs do what I want them to do. So I then RESPOND, I persistently keep try every variation of pressure, retreating, and power in my drumsticks and feet and with every little attempt the new beat gets smoother and tighter. The RESPOND step has no failure, even when I screw the beat up I automatically WITNESS it and mark it as something that doesn't work, in turn seeing what doesn't work automatically brings me closer to what works.
All that could end up happening in 45 seconds!
So yeah at first what seems like a step by step ordeal really ends up being just brilliant, natural, deliberate learning. And I really think it carries over into your whole life. Any time you approach something and then end up dang near perfecting it in a short amount of time. Then chances are you unconsciosly went through the four steps! It's good stuff.
Hey try this, if you get stuck doing anything in the course or in the life, just give up! Do the Tangerine Technique from Photo reading and then basically Photo Read what your doing. This allows you total Receptivity! To knock out a stop sign it's usually our "effort" to fight the stop sign that sabatoges us, by going into our natural accelerated learning state we automatically zero in the solution, the prize, the answer. Instead of "that damn stop sign", we can say "huh, what stop sign? Oh did I just finish that project flawlessly? Woops!"
Man I'm a dork I just wrote all this. Paul, thanks man, you've confirmed everything that always knew deep down that I just never could fully see because I thought I HAD to struggle, nothing could be further from the truth.

#7313 04/16/04 06:50 AM

I would like to point out that I myself still get kind of stuck. But it's not because Natural Brilliace isn't complete it's because after years of being taught that "you have to know all the facts", "you have to work reeeeaal hard!", "there's a right way and a wrong way!". Throw it all out the window, they're just self imposed limitations. I'm unworking at it and unlearning how to have my full Natural Brilliance, but thats Ok! Because it just keeps getting better and better. I believe that you can start from any of the 4 steps, I've done them backwards, in mixed up orders, I've started with witness, I've done combinations of each, hell I've even cycled through those steps in a few seconds, we all have! The natural brilliance model just helps put you more in touch with whats already there. Don't worry about doing it right or in the right order, it's an open system! Anything goes! If you ever feel good, get anything accomplished, learn something smoothly and easily then 100% chance is that in some way shape or form you went through the 4 steps. So enjoy it, surrender to it, and keep revisiting the course, get the book if you don't have it. Ok I'm rambling.

#7314 04/16/04 09:57 AM

Keep rambling Shane.

What other examples from life do you have that works well with Natural Brilliance? I've mostly only had a quick glance at the course. I didn't have the focus or energy at the time to make it a skill. I went for the paraliminals after doing the course one time. Needless to say, I have no conscious skill only an attitude of limitlessness when I listen to the tapes. That's nice but I'm considering going back to the course and practice.

Tore

#7315 04/16/04 10:19 AM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

This might help you get a grasp of the Natural Brilliance model.

I found the best way to understand the steps release, notice, respond and witness is to see it like a game of chess.

It's your move so first you 'release' all tensions, other thought about long term moves, you 'notice' the possible moves available to you in the now, you 'respond' by making what you consider your best move and you sit back and 'witness' what happens as a result of that move, waiting until it's your move again. While witnessing you become something of a bystander just watching the what effect your your action had. While witnessing you will probably start making judgements/decisions which you will release before you make your next move.

This could play out something like this... you're falling back into old habits. You Release that tension, You notice that you have been falling into the 'trance', you respond by doing something differently (perhaps remembering, positive feelings, visualising your goal), then you just witness what is their (meaning the outer worlds) reaction, what is your reaction, did it work the way you wanted it to? Then it goes back to release...

Alex

#7316 04/16/04 09:53 PM

That is a really nice way of putting it, Alex.

#7317 04/16/04 11:36 PM
NeoZon Offline OP
OP Offline

Hey, Thanks everyone for responding to this post. It's been of great value to me.

#7318 04/17/04 07:47 AM

If your going to cycle through the course and you have a specific problem and you focus on it while going through the whole course then I think it's really effective. Having a clear goal in other words. But even if you generalize something like, "I just want to feel good and see all the beautiful options, but on the other hand I seem to not feel good", that works to.
I've even used it with no single purpose and I have to say that it does open you up even then gives good focus and peace. It's an awesome course although I really reccomend getting the Natural Brilliance Book, that book alone is simply amazing and contains info. not found in the course alone. It helps you use the course tapes better as well. Really setting aside time with the course and then going out and actively pursuing your goals with the Natural Brilliance attitude(a kind of surrender to greater being inside and the one outside as well)will prove the greatness of who you are and how the course gave you direction. Hands down it's really awesome. Also I learned that the release step can involve anything, I used "Feeling your feelings fully(no suppression or expression)and then letting them go(via Sedona Method)" and that put me in the right place to really surrender the teachings of the NB course. Hands down the course rocks, just trust the process, let go of controlling, and keeping applying it. Simply awesome.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved