Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

Hi,

I'm new to Qigong. I've also started using Holosync meditation a couple of weeks before SFQ. I'd like to know if anyone else uses another form of meditation in conjunction with SFQ. Or is SFQ meditation alone sufficient? I'd be spending a lot of time with meditation with both Holosync and SFQ, and that just doesn't seem like I'm spending my time efficiently.

Hi In answer to your question regarding Holosync meditation..i have use holosync meditation for many years..I can recomend it as a satisfying journey..

hi
I've been doing SPF qigong for over 6 months and Holosync for over 3 months. Qigong was very powerful by itself. So was holosync. But after a short time of doing holosync, I started doing Small universe while listening to holosync, silently chanting OM/ MAWH for the hour. That has really deepened my Small universe meditation; I also think doing Small Univ has equally deepened my holosync experience. I've found it easier to go much more deeply into the emptiness since doing this. I think it's brilliant. And, like you, I didn't want to be spending my whole day doing SPF and holosync. So I do about an hour of active ex and then later do an hour combined small univ/holosync.

I think they work beautifully together. I've felt so many inner changes since doing each separately and both together. Let me know how you get on doing both.
good luck and enjoy!
Peggy

OP Offline

Thank you for replying.

I've only had SFQ for a few days, and to me it seems to be more powerful than Holosync. One thing I definitely don't like about Holosync is that it has additional levels I'd have to purchase in order to progress to a higher level.

I'm using these to heal myself of depression and anger issues.

I know what you mean about "having to spend more money" to progress with holosync; that brought out my cynic. And in terms of how each is presented, I much prefer SPF qigong, which reflects Chunyi's energy and genuine love which pervades the whole approach. I feel very at home with it. I think the holosync organisation could learn alot from SPF. But I do think holosync does work! If you can let go of the hard sell approach of the organisation, and just let yourself receive the benefits of the actual holosyn cd, it might give you alot. And as I said earlier, I have found after doing SPF qigong first, then adding holosync after I'd been doing qigong for a few months, that my experience of SPF has deepened more. And I believe that doing SPF has helped to deepen my holosync experience.

Whatever works for you and where you can feel benefit is good.

Hope doing both help you on your journey.

Peggy

Blessings to all....
This is my first post here at the SFQ forum.... I have been doing SFQ for about 3 months now.
I actually just last week returned my Holosync CDs and got my money back.
I have found a much deeper sense of going into the emptiness with Master Lin's meditations than I ever did using Holosync, and they want more and more money to progress to other levels.
I have done many forms of meditations throughtout the years and have found that SFQ has given me the results I have been hoping for.
Also, in the lessons Master Lin mentioned that we try to stick with one modality, and that made sense to me, and I wanted to give it my all.
So far I am blessed beyond measure and hope to learn even more from the forums and interact with other students.
In the Light....
Janine

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Hi Janine,

BE sure to us the "Search the Forum" option at the top of the screen. If you search for holosync in just the subject of the SFQ forum and set it for the past 4 years, you'll find this topic has been brought up a couple times.

We have a lot of friends/clients who have done Holosync for a long time, and they have many good things to say and show for their diligent practice.

My preference is to not mix Holosync while doing SFQ at the same time, since your brain pattern needs to be whatever it needs to be for the healing at the time, and the entrainment/modeling that's going on with the Holosync, may not be where it needs to go at that time, so instead it becomes a hurdle/distraction to bypass on the way to do what it needs to do.

If it's working for you-great. Go with it. If it's not, then revisit what each system recommends and adjust.

Much Love,

Shawn

I'm also new to this forum but not new to the practice of Qigong. I often use brainwave entrainment tracks during practice and find it to be of great benefit. I've used Holosync in the past but was put off by its high cost and the seemingly endless "next level you absolutely must have if you REALLY want to see progress" that their aggressive, ongoing sales practices bombard you with. I shopped around and eventually went with a series of tracks offered by the Project Meditation website called LifeFlow. They were far less expensive and the web community I found to be very supportive and friendly. There were no mercenary sales pitches either which was a welcome relief.

One difference I noticed between the LifeFlow series and the tracks of Holosync was that Holosync uses only binaural waves in their tracks which means you have to wear headphones for them to have any effect. I found this to be distracting when practicing Qigong. The LifeFlow tracks use three different types of sound wave forms. They contain binaural waves but they also contain two additional forms that do not require headphones like binaurals do so they can be used over open speakers. This was much better in terms of practicing Qigong without having to be tied to a set of headphones.

As far as effectiveness I'd have to say that using entrainment in conjunction with my Qigong practice definitely adds to the experience. Generally speaking I find my mind quiets much quicker using it and stays quiet more consistently than if I go it alone without entrainment. I'm better able to be aware of the flow of Qi without so many mental chatter distractions. I actually practice both ways, with and without, though so that the entrainment tracks don't become an irreplaceable crutch to my practice. After using entrainment for awhile I think some of the benefits stuck with me and improved my Qigong practice even when I wasn't using any entrainment. I know that's a subjective assessment but that's sure the way it felt to me.

Last edited by Mezmerotica; 04/24/10 10:57 PM.

Another interesting, informative and I think valuable post from Mezmerotica. Thanks for this one also. This makes sense to me, from my limited experience with Holosync.

blessings,

Steve
MMO Offline

I have used Holosync for some time few years ago. I used level 1 and 2 . It did bring quite deep meditative state which lasted some time after CD-s. There were also some health benefits.
But SF Qigong has ( for me) much more powerfull efect on flow of energy and health. And this in quite short session so it is very time sparing - with 25 minutes of practice you get many , many hours of feeling good and being productive.
I would say that Qingong acts beneficcially in many different ways ( breathing, movement, flow of energy, visualisation ...)but holosync is only affecting the brainwaves.
Still combination of holosync and Qigong might be a good possibility.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved