Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#75798 04/27/10 05:21 PM
OP Offline

Hi!
I have recently started the course and have just received the email about a Question-Answer session. I live in Europe, not the States, so calling in seems like a rather expensive option and complex due to time difference, as does calling in subsequent days to listen to the recording.
Has anyone else participated in these sessions and can give some advise? I guess the calls are not made available as downloadable sound files?
Thanks!

Hi Rachel,

I had the same problem, I do no longer participate in these calls because it is still rather expensive to call in from overseas. I bought the course ages ago and at that time a summary of the questions and answers was sent by mail after the call, so you could read it and have all the information.
Unfortunately I'm not up to date ...

Love,
Astrid

Online Content

You can also get Skype, I think it`s free to download and the calls are really cheap.

I think that if you continue to pay a quarterly subscription to the Diamond Feng Shui Newsletter, you get the question and answer sessions on a CD. I got a mailing back in February/March time and although I read the newsletter, I did not get round to listening to the CD.

Assuming this information is correct, it might be worth asking customer services about the options available for subscribing. Otherwise, Skype sounds like a good idea (and something I must get round to sorting out!!!).

Hope this helps.

Kind regards to all

Cheryl-Anne

OP Offline

Thanks all for your suggestions. I hadn't thought of using Skype for this. I'll ask Customer Services and let you know here if I learn anything new!

HI-

I would like to know about this too - I am in the states but not able to participate in this call. Doesnt seem right that we dont get a recorded version, since it is included in the course.

Thanks

Have just sorted out Skype from the UK and set up a subscription for a year for calls to the USA, as I am doing a couple of things that involve teleseminars, including Learning Strategies, and I need to actually get my act seriously together where both organisations are concerned. When the e-mail came round reminding me about the next Q&A session for Diamond Feng Shui, I ignored it, purely because at the time I didn't know that I would be able to listen in, and by the time I realised, I had double booked!!!!! But I have just dialled in and listened to the session which is available for 90 days, and can be accessed with the following information:

"If you can't make the call, you can call after noon Central Time the next day to listen to a recording for the next 90 days.

I confess to having an mp3 recorder running as I listened, because I like to actually listen to what is said first, then go back and review the content, picking out the points that are relevant at that point in time, and then periodically reviewing it to pick up anything that becomes relevant over time.

If you can spare the time to phone in and listen, even after the event, I think it is worth it. If you are going to use Skype from overseas it might pay to get a speaker phone (which I did, so I can knit or cross stitch while listening, rather than fidgeting, which is what I would probably do if I didn't keep my hands occupied!) so that you can listen without having to hold a telephone receiver to your ear. Of course, if you are using Skype, you can probably use the computer's speaker system, but am not sure about that one! I am also not sure how this would work for US residents - whether Skype would be cheaper than dialing in using a package that you already have. But I think it is worth making the effort, having listened to this one and finding some really helpful stuff just on the first listening, as well as some reassurance as to my own progress.

Does this help?

Kind regards to all

Cheryl-Anne

Sorry for the double posting, but I was wondering how Learning Strategies would feel about me posting the mp3 recording of the call that took place yesterday into this forum, for others to download, rather than go through hoope to listen. Shawn, can you advise, please? I don't want to breach copyright rules, or upset anyone at Learning Strategies, but do want to help fellow students in their progress with the course.

I await an answer, that I suspect will be a no!

Kind regards to all

Cheryl-Anne

OP Offline

Thank you for that information, Cheryl-Anne. Very helpful. About using Skype and recording, there are a number of Skype recorders that can be downloaded for free or demo versions (such as Skype Cap at http://www.imcapture.com/ or Pretty May http://www.prettymay.net/callrecorder/index.htm to name a couple)that you may want to check out if you are going to be using Skype for conference calling. They're easy to set up and use (I can say that with confidence because I'm an on-line tutor and we use them with our students all the time!).

Thanks for the links, Rachel, certainly a more elegant solution than enforced silence (which the pets don't quite understand!!). I'll see how the two programmes compare.

Kind regards to all

Cheryl-Anne

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved