Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#75870 05/08/10 11:22 PM
OP Offline

I have been doing Qigong and my mom is just starting. She got a diagnosis of Stage 4 lung and liver cancer this week. I was looking at Chunyi Lin's site and reading about the different sessions he offers--phone, distance and office sessions.

Has anyone here used any of these services and what has been your experience? I guess I'm having a hard time believing that a phone or distance session could really have much of an effect. I may be trying to get her to Minnesota for the direct office sessions, but we're still trying to figure out what our options are.

Any help or suggestions or information about the different types of sessions would be appreciated.

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha leslie5882,

Add your Mom to the weekly group healing mediation list on this forum.

As for the various healing options, although at an in-person session Chunyi or one of the Master Healers may touch a point or massage an area, more times than not, they wont. So you have them 3-4 feet from you as you sit in the chair. AS Chunyi mentions in his Level Three classes, it doesn't matter if he's 3 feet from you, across the room, the city, the state, or the world. What matters is his connection, focus, and the energy of the universe. HE also like to remind students that distance healing sessions (like phone healing sessions), can be even more impactful, as the there isn't the distraction of the person coughing, moaning, etc. while being worked on.

People who come into the center, generally come for a week or so and do one or two sessions a day. People who sign up for the phone healings tend to book 3-4 sessions and then evaluate what to continue with after those have been completed.

Order the Level Three class manual. It has some specific things regarding working with cancer that she can read about and implement in her practice and diet http://www.springforestqigong.com/instructional_tools.htm . Their is also the "A Healing Meditation for Cancer Patients and Those Who Love Them" CD that could be helpful http://www.springforestqigong.com/meditation_cds.htm.

Much Love, Shawn

OP Offline

Thanks, Shawn. I'm still new to this so I appreciate the info more than I can say. I think I'll start her with the phone sessions and go from there. Thanks again.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved