Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#75886 05/11/10 07:05 AM
OP Offline

So I was curious from other photoreaders like myself, I have been playing with holding the page down key down through a entire book during the photoreading step of the system, and so far I have great results. Has anyone else experienced similar results with just holding the page down button down during a photoread?

i'm anxious to hear feedback

That had not occurred to me - must give it a try. I have been using the wheel on my mouse, setting Acrobat to show two pages at once, upside down, going to the end of the document, then using one shift of the wheel (it happens to feel like a click when I do) per second and just wandering through the documents that I want to photoread like that. Not having actively activated the texts I have been reading so far, I have no idea if it is working, but I will be activating stuff within the next few weeks, so will get a better idea then as to how effective or otherwise the screen reading is.

But one thing I am pleased about is that I can get through a great deal more material this way, and do that a great deal faster. Also, I can carry the documents around with me on my netbook and wander through stuff on the bus or train (although the absence of a mouse has, up until now, been an issue for me - the page down button will solve that one!).

Thanks for the post and the idea.

Kind regards to all

Cheryl-Anne

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Hands free I let acrobat turn two pages a second. My computer is too fast for acrobat and I notice if the software isn't up with the keypress it jumps. When I do it on my old computer holding the page down key or space bar works well. I've also set my mouse wheel to advance a page at a turn. Useful on webpages as it frees up my other hand to switch sites.

If you're PhotoReading on the bus set acrobat to turn the pages automatically. Hands free (you'll have to set it up in the preferences) then when you want to PhotoRead a book just Ctrl L and the pages flip for you.

Alex

You can also use full size mode, and turn the laptop on its side to fit all text, feels more like a book as well.

@Alex K. Viefhaus,

I like your idea that adobe pdf turns page automatically. It remind me of a first ever star trek (original eposide) when man with sliver eyes stared at a monitor which flipping pages.

How to set in preference to do "hand free" page turning?

Thank you in advance

M

Edit tab, Preferences, left side choose 'full screen' then on right mark 'advance every' and right of that '1' for one second.

The fastest possible speed.

After you have it running (ctrl L) you can speed it up more by holding down the 'enter key'.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved