Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#75897 05/12/10 10:38 AM
OP Offline

So I was curious and this just occurred to me as I was laying down in bed. I was reading on the forums that you treat an techincal books chapters as a seperate book themselves to better absorb the material. So I was wondering, if you really want to mind map, would you want to mind map each chapter separately?

The simple answer is, yes!

What you can do, once you have mapped each chapter, is create a giant mind map that allows you to bring together the chapters such that common areas are linked together, and problem areas highlighted with their potential solutions, if that is the type of technical stuff you are looking at. If you keep your original mind maps, you can always go back and identify where things are in the text, as well as update the information in the mind map as you learn things and your experience grows.

Very useful as an approach to studying because you first study each chapter, then bring it all together as a whole, having photoread the whole text first - so whole to parts then back to the whole again. If you have several texts, you can also do a syntopic reading around the key areas of the course, to identify the different opinions associated with them - very helpful if you have to do a critical review of a particular subject area in the exam!!!!!

Kind regards to all

Cheryl-Anne

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved