Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#75910 05/13/10 08:59 AM
smelve Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi all just to say I didnt notice the post concerning holosync and sfq but i have now and its answered my question so thanks for that. My next question is how do I actually get started .I have decided to commit to doing an hour a day any help i would be grateful.

smelve #75917 05/13/10 11:44 PM

I've been doing SFQ for a little more than a month so I think I can help.

I started the active exercises by following the DVD at first, probably about a week or so. In my case I had decided to spend half an hour a day. When I started doing the active exercises on the CD, I broke out the sessions into two, starting with the Beginning of the Universe thru Joining of Yin & Yang, ending with the Harvesting of Qi on one day and the next day I'd do Harmony of the Universe plus the 7 Steps and ending with the Harvesting of Qi.

In your case you're committing an hour each day, so you could do all of the active exercises on the CD. Alternatively, you could do half of the active exercises and one sitting meditation in one day. Either way, you can't go wrong.

Since I've been doing SFQ, I've been feeling much more balanced. A lot of my anger and depression seems to have dissipated. I know this works, so just get started. It's also good to revisit Chunyi's talk on the CD's every so often too.

i am a newbie here in Qigong. is it necessary to do the exercise in the morning or i can do at any time of the day. and is it necessary for me to be empty stomach while doing this exercise. can you help me in this regard.

thanks in advance for your answer.

nice guy

niceguy #75935 05/15/10 06:30 AM

It's most important to do the exercises than to worry about the time of day, although Chunyi talks about it's best if you do them at consistent times. There are certain dos and don'ts that you should follow, and they are in the manual. One of them had to do with not doing the exercises within 30 minutes after eating, if I remember correctly.

I second drummerxyz' response: most important time is the best time for YOU! There are good times where more energy is available (such as 5-7 AM & PM), but that just means you get more "bang for your buck" during those times, and it is useful if you can only do short sets.

But the best time is the best time for you. We only have good, better best in SFQ. So the best, is to have a consistent time for your practice every day. But it is still good to practice whenever you can. And as drummer said, there are little "buffer zones" that are best to keep like 30 minutes before and after eating, sex, going to bathroom, other kinds of exercise or energy practices, etc.

And again, keeping those boundaries is "best", but it is still good to "violate" those boundaries, if that will make sure you get your practice in that day.

Hope that helps.

blessings,

Steve

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved