Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#75947 05/16/10 02:04 PM
OP Offline

I was wondering if any other photoreaders beside myself have ran into this problem. Today I began reading a book on computer forensics, it's very technical in nature. I was postviewing and flipping through portions of the book, I finally got frustrated and started to treat each chapter as a different book altogether. Is it ok to super read and activate each chapter individually? The material I am learning is extremely complex and I have almost no prior knowledge on the subject. Consequently I am also mind mapping each chapter separately as well.

Last edited by diablo69er; 05/16/10 02:05 PM.
diablo69er #75990 05/20/10 01:16 PM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Yes. If it's technical for you it. Then you need to treat each chapter as a book in itself.

Some books take us 25 hours to work through even though it's only 400 pages. This might be the case when a book is on a subject completely new to us that we are learning. With all learning it's easier and faster to learn when you chunk it. Books are easiest to chunk starting with parts (when a book has a couple of sections) Then further chunk it into chapters.

Let us know how you did with the book.

Alex

Alex K. Viefhaus #75992 05/20/10 04:10 PM
OP Offline

Alex,

I guess what I am going to do is this. Since this book is extremely technical in nature and provided hands on training with many different software's. So what I did was this. I prepared, previewed, photoread, and postviewed then I went to activate. Keep in mind I have no idea about the intricacies of forensics like I do computer security, as such it's a new subject matter for me. Consequently this subject matter posed a mental block as I couldn't just super read and dip what I wanted because I had no idea what was required with forensics. So instead I prepare, previewed, and photoread (sometimes postviewed) individual chapters. My plan to activate is to super read and dip important parts, but to follow the hands on training while doing it myself line by line as instructed. I feel this will be the most beneficial to me. I am also mind mapping each chapter individually as well.

Last edited by diablo69er; 05/20/10 04:15 PM.
diablo69er #75993 05/20/10 08:28 PM

Hi,

Another method, if you can swing it, is to acquire at least three books on the same subject (different authors) and Photoread all three and then gestate.

A couple of things can happen, different authors can present the same topics much better and/or just provide a different or even better perspective.

Next, a mental block is not you, if you do not normally have them, IT IS the authors lack of mental clarity in organization and presentation as found in the book.

The mind is not impressed by difficult subjects, but rather by mental confusion of the material presented.

Also, if a technical subject presents a lot of new ideas and concepts, get the new terminology down well so your conscious mind can deal with the new labels.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved