Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#76121 06/02/10 09:26 PM
OP Offline

Hi
I've just started studying the SFQ deluxe course this week, and started on the exercises today. I have a few questions about SFQ.

First I have a little query about the Breathing of the Universe exercise. One of the steps is 'While you inhale, visualize the pure universal energy flowing into your body from every part of the body and gathering in the lower dantian.' I'm having difficulty visualising the universal energy entering my body from all areas of my body. I breathe in from outside my body so how can I breathe in from inside my body? Is this a typo or should I be visualising this? Should it be:
'While you inhale, visualize the pure universal energy flowing into your body TO every part of the body and gathering in the lower dantian.'?

Another question I have is about visualising sickness. My main reason for practicing SFQ is to balance my emotions and reduce anxiety and stress. These negative emotions are only present at certain times (when I'm not practicing SFQ). How would I visualise this? My first thought was visualising it as smoke in my head, but anxiety and stress are more complex than that biochemically. They are related to an overactive fight/flight response so are linked to not just the brain but also the endocrine system mainly the adrenal glands above the kidneys. My anxiety mainly affects my facial expression, throat and voice.
I'm confused about what I should be visualising - smoke leaving my head, my face, my throat or my adrenal glands?

Thanks for any suggestions smile

Richard

Very good questions, Richard.

My understanding of the Breathing of the Universe, is what I like to call "Universal CPR". wink

So you are breathing in energy from the Universe into all parts of skin and then from there, it enters the body and GATHERS in the lower dantien. So, basically you are right, but it is not a typo. First it enters in to every pore and cell, it is now inside the body and then once inside, it comes from there (just inside) to gather in the lower dantien.

As for the second part, it is really up to you. And this applies, to a large extent, to the first part also. This is not rocket science. So much depends on your own unique way of doing it, or visualizing it. I think the best way is to feel it. The visualization is to assist the energy exchange and transformation.

The smoke can just leave from all parts of the body. Once you have "exploded" or transformed the energy blockage, it is just like air. It leaves through every pore. It can leave through ANY pore. SOmetimes, for me, the best way is through my feet. Especially the feet, because I often ignore those pores, in terms of breathing. Or you can just visualize it leaving out of all parts of your body.

I hope this helps. I am sure that Shawn and others will chime in with even more and maybe even more helpful hints.

blessings,

Steve
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha richard1985,

Breathing of the Universe
As Steve mentions, the energy is coming in from every side of the body, penetrating and lighting up and the cells, organs, fluids, etc. as it goes through to collects in the lower dantian.

"Sickness"
You are changing the extra energy in the body-that is at the wrong place, speed, or time and sending it back into the universe. The balancing that happens in the energetic system is then reflected in the physical. Being in our heart (seeing the healing happening,guiding the energy, allowing Love, Kindness and forgiveness to flow) rather than head (focusing on, fighting against,looking for a concept/illness), the balancing of the various energy systems in the body allows for functions of the body to balance and go back to normal.

As Steve also mentions with his example, the physical systems (organs, glandular, nervous, respiratory, etc.) systems will balance as the underlying energetic systems do so. This can be accomplished with good sleep, food, exercise, attitude, qigong, paraliminals, and supportive environments.

Much Love,

Shawn

I have a couple problems when I practice SFQ.

1. When I am do the active exercises I make sure I stand exactly as Sifu Lin and my feet start falling asleep. Am I doing something wrong?

2. When I start doing the small universe, my sinus' start filling up and I find it hard to breath through my nose. why is this?

Zen

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved