Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#800 02/10/03 11:13 PM
OP Offline

Are there are any experienced lucid dreamers on this forum? If so, I have a question about the Wake-Induced Lucid Dream method. If you're reading this and you have some experience, and/or know what I'm talking about post a message.

#801 02/11/03 12:25 AM

I wouldn't say I'm experienced, but, anyhow, I have some experience. Wake-Induced Lucid Dreams is when you go to sleep, then later wake up for about 15-30 minutes, sometimes an hour, in the middle of the night, then you go to sleep. It is very effective--even being awake for just 5 minutes

#802 02/11/03 02:10 AM
OP Offline

My question is this. I can follow the instructions for waking up early, etc. I even purchased a copy of Stephen Laberge's book a few weeks ago, but what I have trouble with is the transition between hypnogogia and dream while maintaining consciousness. I reach a point where I have lost body awareness and I suddenly realize that I am experiencing extremely vivid sensory impressions (kinesthetic, sound, visual) and this realization startles me back into a light hypnogogia. I have tried some affirmations that I will remain calm but still I experience the startling. Any suggestions?

#803 02/11/03 05:06 AM

Can't help much here. My first lucid dream was rather short and caused me to wake up, but the next didn't. Don't know why, real sorry I can't help.

#804 02/12/03 06:11 AM

I wouldnt say i am experienced either, but i have had natural lucid dreams while i was young and now i can get them on occasion (trying to control it), but i can relate to the nice sensory display/concert. It freaked me out once but the next time i started telling myself this "my latent genius is awaking" over and over again (its something i repeat when i am about to sleep, i sort of anchored it and when i realized i was saying this i fell asleep and obtained semi-lucidity (i knew it was a dream but since i havent formed the habit of doing reality checks my "being" (who i am when i am awake) could not be called forth to control the dream). I am thinking that maybe you should anchor sleeping to a pharse or expression so when you are in that sensory "mode" it will put you into a dream (hopefully lucid)

p.s.- for the past couple of days i obtained semi-lucidity every night, i still cant figure out a good reality check for me.

#805 02/11/03 09:35 PM

I just started doing GC a few weeks ago.. I've been listening to the LD CD at night and I often wake up a couple of times with very vivid dreams in which I seem to be conscious of dreaming.. the images often translate into scenes that I use in the screenplay I've been working on (see my post under "MONEY"). Also, I watched the video, "Waking Life" a few times, which is about Lucid Dreaming.. and listening to the soundtrack seems to stimulate somewhat of an altered states... Has anybody seen it?

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved