Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

My plan is to stop doing the active exercises and only do the small universe and another meditation that I made up.

I was told that the small universe was the core self-healing technique for level 1, and the DVD says that we should do twice as many sitting exercises to active exercises.

I'm doing the small universe with an extended deep reverse breath where I inhale energy into each point for 20 seconds, then I move to the next point. Is this okay? What side of the spectrum is this good, better, or best?

My second meditation deals with filling the dantien with energy from my room, house, yard, city, state, country, earth, the universe, and the void. I expand bigger and bigger, and image my room, earth, universe, etc. in my dantien--- Then I fill my body with that location, then I become it. So I become the earth and visualize my body as the earth, then I do the same with the universe. I use the mantra I am healthy while I do this.

My goal is 2 hours of this per day.

Thoughts?

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha I_AM_Healthy,

Generally Chunyi talks about spending 75% of your practice with active exercises and 25% with the sitting meditation in the beginning as you are taking care of physical issues.

I can't speak to the length of your personal inhale length, but the breath is to be relaxed and and even, not forced or over-worked.

Some students have a favorite "made up" meditation that works for them. Does yours work for you? I have been doing a water meditation, but there are things with that that I need to keep in mind as well, such as not doing deep meditation in cool water.

wink

Much Love,

Shawn

OP Offline

Thanks Shawn!

Careful with your water meditation! I might try a floating in the pool meditation. I guess I reach emptiness when I start to choke on water smile

Does Master Lin suggest that we do all the exercises or can we pick and choose? I really like doing the Harmony of the Universe exercise. Would it be ok if I did that as my sole active exercise? Maybe adding in the 7 steps to new life because it is the only exercise that incorporates the lower body/channels/meridians?

Thanks

Last edited by I_AM_Healthy; 07/09/10 06:53 PM.
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Master Lin would probably say "sure."

I'd ask why are you choosing that one, or those two? Sometimes it's the ones we don't like doing which can bring us the biggest breakthrough. A lot of times we tend to go to what is easiest, or busiest, rather than the one that is most needed.

Master Lin has people in classes come up to him all the time to ask "can I just do this, or that," or in a Level four class having someone come up and ask "I can relax and go so much more deeper lying down, do I really need to work to sit into a full lotus position?" He gets a lot of questions where the underlying intent is to...

1. Get them out of doing something.
2. Feel okay about what isn't or is happening
3. To look good.
4. Validate/invalidate a modality, product or book they have an affinity for or something against.

Of course Chunyi does a wonderful job loving people at where they are at.

Des one need to do all the active exercises? No. Is there a reason for each of the active exercises, and would it be prudent for someone in Level One to do them all? Yes. If said person came to the Healing Center, would Master Lin or one of the Master Healers recommend one to focus on if they had a specific blockage to work through? Yes. If you only have 5-10 minutes would it be more beneficial to focus on one exercise rather than squeeze them all in? Yes.

After doing Spring Forest for some time, one could do a sort of "virtual compass" like the technique shown in Level Two, and ask "What is the best active exercise for my healing right now?" and do what is presented. The only reason I put out "for some time," is that one after spending much time doing the work, one tends to learn to detach more from the ego and mind and hear what is being giving.

Much Love,

Shawn

OP Offline

I was avoiding "moving of yin and yang" because of a bad shoulder joint that has been giving me trouble for over a year. A few days ago, I started doing the active exercises in the order they are presented on the video. Two days ago, I noticed that the pain in my shoulder is 70% gone. I power washed an entire house yesterday, and scrubbed all of the overhangs above head with a brush without having pain in my shoulder girdle. I guess SFQ works!

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved