Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#76358 07/13/10 07:42 AM
4space Offline OP
OP Offline

I am surrounded by friends that have people that they cannot ever seem to forgive and hold very long term grudges against for issues that have occurred in the very long term past of course. None of this has ever happened to me but they all seek me for my advise and they all want me to take any and all action if any is required. That is, if there are any new problems that develop between any of these people, they fully and totally expect me to sort it out and then all will be rosy if they take my advise. All I say to them is forgive and forget although this doesn't make it right what happened previously because forgiveness is one of the most powerful forces in the universe. Anyway, I am consistently being put between a rock and a hard place. For example I have two best friends who hate each other with a passion and they both tell me this but not each other and I consistently seem to be in a place where we all are at the same time. So what am I to do? Am I supposed to be the spiritual adviser to both of these people. Why am I consistently being put in this type of predicament. I am not a Master like Chunyi Lin or Marie Diamond but I do consider myself to be well and truly advanced along the spiritual path, but again, why am I consistently being put in this type of predicament. WHY ME?

Anyway, how can forgiving a person that has done something that some people would consider pure evil and not ever worth forgiving, help? That is the big question I would like to know the answer to.

4space #76395 07/17/10 06:39 PM

Hi,
At some point in your relationships, you allowed yourself to be where you are in those relationships. You can work with that piece. That is your karma so to speak. Your friends have a relationship with you, as well as other people and things. That involves their karma, and if they chose to work with it, it's their work not yours. As a spiritual advisor, you can help them with their work.
I would like to share with you my sense of what a spiritual advisor would be. You would have a lifestyle practice/self practice that helps develop all your primary energy centers. A good spiritual advisor has worked with and developed to a higher degree, their higher centers, the heart chakra/middle dan tien/or message center, as well the third eye center. Those centers being open and developed, are relative to your foundational centers being developed as well. As a spiritual advisor, you should have a somewhat developed sense of intuition. You should be able to see the energy to things. You should have an ability to have dialog with spirit. It would be difficult to assume the role of spiritual advisor, if these pcs are missing or not realized, or not being nutured or developed. One doesn't have to be a master to help, but one should be engaged with all the pcs involved and evolving through experience doing this work, as well as having a lifestyle practice that supports this work.

"Anyway, how can forgiving a person that has done something that some people would consider pure evil and not ever worth forgiving, help? That is the big question I would like to know the answer to."

I would answer this, but my answer would appear as my specific beliefs, not the truth for everyone. There is one truth to everything. There is a source aspect of truth that is very pure. One comes to better know or realize this, again, through one's self practice and evolution within that practice.

If you have the ability to work with your relations as a spiritual advisor, transform the energy of this. You would have the means to approach that and work with it. If not, exercise some humility, apologize for not being able to function in that role, and step out of it. Forgive yourself, forgive them. If they have issue with that, it is their issue, not yours. If you want to be a spiritual advisor, get a daily practice going that helps you realize that. Experiential learning is very important.

There is, a great opportunity for you to learn in your current situation. It is helpful to view what/whom you are working with, having difficulty with, as being great wisdom teachers for you. Be open to that wisdom , and it will help you to stay positive in working with it, transforming it. It can become very positive, versus being a perceived problem or annoyance to be in reaction to. In reaction, you lose sight to what you actually are working with.
Love,
Gallen

gallen #76396 07/17/10 06:53 PM

I just had something come up regarding 'evil'. There is much to gain from understanding the truth to the universe. The yin and yang teach us that within yin, there is an element of yang, and within yang there is an element of yin. The small dots of opposite color in the larger black and white teardrop shapes.
In evil, there is an aspect of good. Perhaps very small, but it exists. Even someone commonly perceived as evil, like Hitler, loved art. G

gallen #76401 07/19/10 02:07 AM

My 2 cents; How does forgiving someone help? Because when you forgive, you don't hold this inside of you. You can think of it as self defense. When you look at someone whom you believe has committed evil or is toxic you resist them and what they have done. By doing this you weaken yourself, this can be tested with a muscle test. In Aikido we use to do a physical test where someone would be walking towards you and you would be thinking "this is my enemy, this is my enemy" over and over. When they approached and pushed on you, you were very weak and couldn't resist their blows. When you did the same drill only thought "This is my friend, this is my friend coming to help me"
you would remain very strong and it was almost impossible to move you.
The Buddhists have said something similiar to making Evil their teacher. It totally changes their energy make up. They do not fear evil or resist it.
The best is if you can "love" evil. It is the strongest force.
If you try this out, you can see there are very practical applications to Love, Kindness and Forgiveness. You remain strong even in the face of danger.
Forgiving Evil can protect and keep you strong, do it for yourself not for them. Love yourself, Be Kind to yourself and Forgive yourself. This has many ripple effects and others pick up on it if you do.

jeffdengr #76403 07/19/10 03:10 AM

To clarify something. You don't "Love Evil" it is more like you continue to Love Yourself when in the presence of Evil. Or think "This is my evil friend coming to help me". You hold these type of thoughts in mind to empower yourself. By doing this it sucks the wind out of their sails-so to speak. Hope that is of some help.

jeffdengr #76811 10/04/10 01:15 PM
4space Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you for the interesting replies. Some of these people were permitted to attend a very special and popular event that they would have otherwise been banned from (so as to not be given the opportunity to create the same problems again) however, this time they were extremely well behaved, had lots of fun, and what they had done in the past wasn't considered. It was interesting to see how everything played out harmoniously!

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved