Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Greetings to all at SFQ forum! It's great to be among so many new friends and SFQ practioners. Although I have previous experience with qigong - I've had four previous teachers over 25 years - I've only been doing SFQ for about a month and I've been enjoying it a lot. My goal has been two to three hours a day of Level 1 practice for 49 days and see where the ride takes me.

My question re: Harmony of the Universe is that I find myself wanting to draw earth energy up from the earth and yongquan pts. as I raise my hands up along the torso and is that ok to do. I didn't want to read to much into the movement as a newbie. I find the earth energy wants to come up through the body when I raise my hands and universe energy fills my body and especially torso when I bring the hands down - feels great. I'm enjoying this powerful qigong a lot.

Thanks for making this forum available!

Hi,
I always feel a relationship happening between earth energy, universal energy, as well as divine energy or light. My feeling is, that you should let the qi move how it moves, stay out of your head as much as you can, and go with the flow. How it moves is how it moves. There is, definitely a bottom, grounding to this alignment, when you begin each cycle. I relate it more to the lower dan tian, and that energy center, being grounded, hence a lower connection in that, bubbling springs, grounding in the earth, whatever. And there is definitely, a moving up of energy through the body. I do have a strong base feeling reference, more in my lower dan tian, than feet, although, as I say, I feel that lower energy center is grounded, and has a base so to speak.
Along with a sense of universal energy coming down, I would encourage you to visualize, feel what comes down, as also being spiritual energy, a blessing of divine light.
It can really brighten the energy in upper energy centers as you face your palms towards self, as they move down from crown to third eye to throat to heart, then open up to swimming in all that wonderful energy.
I find that 10,000 hands in level II, also has a strong earth energy connection, heaven and earth realization and moving of energies.
It's good to remember that qi is intelligent, and in these alignments, it is stimulated, and moves, how it moves.
love,
Gallen

OP Offline

Gallen, thanks so much for your reply, very insightful and nice imagery. I also have the level 2 home study material and I'm looking forward to incorporating that qigong into my practice.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved