Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hello Everyone

I was wondering which PL would be effective for my daughter(nearly 16)to listen to to remove negative thoughts. It is an important year for her as she will be sitting her final GSCE exams (we are in the UK) She was very dissappointed to learn that some of her recent results had not been as good as she had expected.

We have had the discussion about responsibility for your actions etc (as she is a bright child but will do the least amount of work possible)she is very disheartened and thinks that she "is thick" which is definately not the case. In addition to this she really does want to do well (and I know she will) but she has these two conflicting beliefs.

It really upset me when I heard her say this and we are now working together to get her where she wants to be.

I am looking for suggestions for PL usage (not more than 1 a day) and maybe some affirmation guidelines.

My daughter also sees herself as "different" from the other girls as she is allowed an additional 15 minutes after an exam to check her work (she has been tested for dyslexia and they found that there were no problems. I now need to confirm what the extra time is for. My daugher goes to a private school which is very academic school and I do wonder whether the extra time has something to do with acheiving better grades for the school???

Thank you for listening.

Hello,

My daughter found Memory Supercharger to be useful at GCSEs as these exams are all about getting facts on the page.

By all means check why she is getting the extra time if she isn't dyslexic. If the extra time is embarrassing and makes her feel 'thick', any benefits of the time might be lost.

Self esteem supercharger is good to boost her confidence and anxiety free might be good to reduce fear of exams. Get around to it helps to maintain work flow, if this is a problem, and Automatic pilot can combat negativity. Belief is also good for negativity.

God luck with the year ahead. My daughter got very stressed during her GCSE year, more so than with A-levels, which she has just done. In the end, she did very well and was pleased with her results. My youngest son had quite disappointing results after the first year of GCSEs, but pulled himself up and did very well..It can be done! They just have to want it, and he decided he did.

Jodi

I would recommend 'You Deserve It' and 'Sales Leap'.
The second choice might feel a bit out of place here but I find it to be very helpful in focusing me (almost like a laser) before starting on any new task.

Sales Leap sounds like a good idea. I have a newpiece of work to get done, I think I'll try it.

Thanks,

Jodi

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Students benefit from Personal Genius. Especially useful if you think you're not a great learner.

Use it in the morning. Prior to studying. Memory Supercharger at the end of the day.

Anxiety Free is great the week before an exam.

Sales Leap is for those times when the student is called up to read before the class or make a presentation.

Self-Esteem Supercharger is a great one to use after such a presentation and when your exam results come in. (whether good or not as good as expected.)

Alex

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved