Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#76647 08/31/10 03:51 PM
Raviraj Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi,
I am beginner photo reader.I have 20 text books(around 2000 pages each). I have exam in February,2011.
These books are of electronics and electrical engineering. I need to activate circuit diagrams and related concepts.However there are some diagrams with more than one explanation (I mean more than one concept for same diagram). Also it makes difficult to comprehend working of each component/circuit.Unfortunately exam is based on sections. And I have to answer all sections without fail. Thats why I cannot skip any single point.(I read each and every paragraph in rapid read step.It takes too much time more than regular reading sick frown cry )
So my question is, is there any short cut or simplified method for such material? A
As I have good grin whistle cool experience of photo reading for non technical material. please help me.

Each book is 2000 pages for a total of 40,000 pages of technical material?

Well no matter, organize these books in groups of 3-4 that are close as possible to one central idea. This could make 5-6 groups of 3 or 4 books each.

Do one group per week using the same Photoreading discipline you have already successfully employed.

Only add more meditating on every single diagram and picking out the terms, ideas and concepts in each where you meditate on them and then go back and meditate on those diagrams again back and forth. Last day of that week, mind map that group as one whole idea.

Repeat out for each group until the whole is down now sixs weeks later.

Now review each weeks mindmap and mindmap the whole of it, that is all 20 books.

Kind regards and good luck no that testing!!

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

I suggest PhotoReading the books more than once. Rotate one or two books per day with PhotoReading. Once you've PhotoRead each book about 5 times you should find the information in the books and the classroom lectures easier to understand.

Use syntopic reading when grouping books or chapters if you're learning a subject from more than one book.

Alex

Raviraj Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you yukala,
I have already started my study.However still in this case I could not formulate my purpose as I want most of the material/ information in these books.What would be right or efficient purpose in this case?
Thanks for suggestion.

Raviraj Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks Alex.
I don't have any classroom lectures.I have to do all this studies myself only. I am professional.This is exam for my masters degree and this is National level exam.
Originally Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus
I suggest PhotoReading the books more than once. Rotate one or two books per day with PhotoReading. Once you've PhotoRead each book about 5 times you should find the information in the books and the classroom lectures easier to understand.

Use syntopic reading when grouping books or chapters if you're learning a subject from more than one book.

Alex

Originally Posted By: Raviraj
Thank you yukala,
I have already started my study.However still in this case I could not formulate my purpose as I want most of the material/ information in these books.What would be right or efficient purpose in this case?
Thanks for suggestion.

Take your self sharply in hand!

You must have a keen desire to master this mountain. Do not kid your self here. Spend time daily using your imagination and will to unleash an inner well of determination and desire with focus.

Any 'purpose' implies a strong conviction, this must be nurtured and attended to with a vengeance. I am using strong language here for a purpose! Know 'why' you are climbing this mountain keeping carefully clear about it at all times.

For 'lack of attention' and I will add, 'a calm willingness' any endeavor can die. Do not let 'Photreading' be the issue, but your own personal mastery! Why else learn something? If not for the glory of its adroit 'use', then for what?

Kind regards,

Raviraj Offline OP
OP Offline

oh yes,this will help me a lot!!!
I will let you know about my progress smile

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved