Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#76669 09/03/10 05:31 PM
OP Offline

First of all, I would like to thank Learning Strategies and Paul Scheele for all of their effort on personal development. I admire your hard work and want it to continue, but as a reasonable person I have some questions on photoreading before I purchase it.
On the internet I have done an extensive research on the product, but since I respect the ardous effort to put the course together I want to be able to have it in my hands out of the pack, not from some other source. Before that I have to ask several questions. Here they are

If the claim of 25000 words per minute is through photoreading, why isn't anybody out there who bought your course that can attain the guinness world reading record from Stephen Berg? Why is he the sole champ? If the course offers such high speeds then at least speed reading should be extint by the end of this year at least? If it is so powerful why isn't it used by everyone? Then again, why didn't channels like CNN, CNBC, Fox News presented the demonstration of photoreading a pioneering technology in reading?
Even if you photoread, you still have to activate the information which means you have to speed read it actually. So except for photoreading; all the preview, content search, purpose, speed reading(any reading pattern, skimming or etc), and mind mapping is just brought by any of the speed reading program out there on the planet. So if 25000 w/m is true why activate and waste our time on speed reading(rapid reading)? If we are going to speed read it after all we can go through it quickly so that extra time we invested wouldn't get lost.
The final question: What about this? http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/20000011599_2000009345.pdf
An experiment done by NASA negates all the claims made by Photoreading course but not only NASA another company responsible for the creation of ZoxPro supports the same conclusion.
With my best regards

Well, from the bottom.

It was NASA's free money via a grant and means less than nothing.

Who/what is 'ZoxPro'?

Photoreading claims aside, are not a conscious reading speed, as I understand it. But I would pull that claim so far as goes Photoreading because as you say it is hybrid course the blends rapid reading, speed reading techniques with the Photoreading by turning the pages with a specified focus.

Having a background in metaphysics collected from centuries past, I employ a stricter method that does not rely on rapid reading or speed reading techniques all which I learned long ago elsewhere anyway and never much took to them.

The fore-conscious mind cannot read all that fast, or that mind of you that mimics by way of sub-vocalizing when reading, speaking etc.

The big issue is any agreed upon definition of 'whole mind' and what can it do by simply 'looking' at something with 'intent to master it in detail'. There are many names and descriptive terminology for this. Higher Mind, sub-conscious, other mind, unconscious mind, supra-conscious mind, etc, etc....

No matter, the mind or brain records everything from all imputs (senses) we pay attention (fore-consciously) to a small fraction of it, like less than 1/10th of 1% on a any given day. The number of disciplines that sport drawing it out and unfolding this store of recordings are legion too.

Pick your method, but stick to it, keep some records and apply the results. Certainly I would compare some disciplines both old and new as well.

You want to know what I have done then search this forum for my posts.

Kind regards

OP Offline

Thanks Yukala, you have explained it very clearly and precisely. I believe the power of the whole mind, yet I still wonder why the Guinness Book of World Records still note Howard Berg as the fastest reader alive on earth with just 25000 words per minute when this course can do the same thing for everyone else?

Originally Posted By: Light Master
Thanks Yukala, you have explained it very clearly and precisely. I believe the power of the whole mind, yet I still wonder why the Guinness Book of World Records still note Howard Berg as the fastest reader alive on earth with just 25000 words per minute when this course can do the same thing for everyone else?

Who really wants to be a guinee pig? Just because many can do it, does not mean we are keen to be performing on a stage!

And another consideration; are you doing it to do just to be doing it or is there a personal compelling reason that opens up a new life of opportunities?

And 25000 words per minute is just for the photoreading step. Before that and after that come others steps.

Originally Posted By: Ludo
And 25000 words per minute is just for the photoreading step. Before that and after that come others steps.

That would be my understanding of Photoreading and its claims as you pointed out.

I am still here posting for a few reasons, mostly now as I am in transition to my own connecting pond as it were. But, I like both being useful and getting use engaging those, looking at or going into a path similar to what I have found so wonderful.

What are you looking for?
Does outright reading book ofter book at say 25,000 words per minute intrigue you?
Are you skeptical of employing 'rapid reading disciplines' and the like, maybe because that is not 'reading 25,000 words per minute, but really more hard work?

From what I can learn of those involved most do best who do the live seminars. Seems there is a lot going on there. If you are 'on your own following formulas and advice in books' well; if you have that skill then there are literally hundreds of good resources available. Especially if you widen the time period to include all on this ilk written the last 150 years. Much of what is now seeming new is not really all that new but rather re-branded from work past. However, new jewels or rather better emphasis do come forward often enough.

I divide folks down a single line.

Can you or will you navigate on your own and unfold your divine powers day upon day, eon upon eon?

Or are you one with the many who unfold in group consciousness?

My path is the first, strictly the first and is by far the most difficult but the rewards and risks are high.

If you can Self unfold then I will say right here, you can learn within about two years to read 25,000 words per minute. And the only definition that counts is reading with the higher mind and living from your higher mind so able to consciously use that information with your hands applied.

You see every single person reads at 25,000 words per minute right now. Everyone.

But, it is safely tucked away most automatically in their 'unconsciousness' where it comes out mostly in dibbles unbeknown to them. Everyone reads everything as fast as they look at it, but what good is it doing them generally?

Thus, Photoreading has developed a most excellent system to help with this and yes that lowers the effective speed to usually 2-3 times your current effective speed. But, that relationship can be continuous, so as you persist you find yourself at faster and better plateaus, each time leaping 2-3 times ahead of where you last were at. So eventually good persistent Photoreaders get up to any speed they desire by continuous goodly application.

Always we forge our own truth and are found bound thereto.

Hey guys,

I just signed up for these forums cause I had a few questions to ask other photoreaders, but I'm glad I read through this thread before I started a new thread.

First off, let me say that I love Learning Strategies Corporation and all their products, but I'm just not quite sold on Photoreading. Now I totally believe the principles behind it and everything, but my question is this:

How much of the benefit do we glean from previewing and activating, and how much is from the photoreading step? I like how we're taught to go into the proper mindset before photoreading, but I spend 20-30 minutes to preview/photoread a book, and I feel like I get almost all the benefit when I activate a book. Wouldn't it just be quicker to go and speed-read the book? Especially if it's for a school assignment where you need to remember details, literary devices, etc.

Here's something I read that sparked that question in me: http://schooldestroyer.com/photoreading-terribly-ineffective-speed-reading/

I don't care about all the cries of "Scam", I know Photoreading is a high, high value product, and that it teaches some really good stuff. What I'm wondering is if it's really efficient...

I dunno, I've only photoread 25 times or so, so I thought maybe somebody with more experience could jump in and offer their opinion.

You spend 20 to 30 minutes to preview and photoread?
It takes me 5 to 10 minutes.
When you photoread you turn one page per minute and you see 2 pages at the same time. So for 200 pages it takes less than 2 minutes.
I'm just a beginner but it's normal to get all the benefits during the activation. When you photoread everything is unconscious.
The benefit of the photoreading step is to have you unconscious familiar with the whole book and while activating it helps you to know what you need to read.
It took me time to understand this because like you while photoreading I didn't find the interest of photoreading. But I'm learning self-hypnosis and I know that the subconscious can do a lot of amazing stuffs.
While turning pages of a magazine, without really reading I've already get words. I've experienced this several times and at this time I didn't imagine that photoreading could exist.
So I'm sure that even if I actually don't clearly feel the benefit of the photoreading I know that it's helpful.
I've read the link you give : I think that this guy has not understood what photoreading is.
He is right thus, that the whole method, even if you don't photoread, can help you a lot. But if you trust the others steps you should trust the whole method and be self-confident while using it.

Well I am inclined to let a long time instructor speak for Photoreading.

However, I do agree those claims need be pulled.

The methods I employ are of the faster, simpler kind however, that is also very deceptive for it opens whole other issues of being able to consciously function from ones deeper mind that is actually doing all the recording. And also does not address the barrier of being trapped at the 'sub-vocalization' speed both so far as reading or comprehension.

Yukala, could you develop (in another thread) your own method?
It could be very interesting nad useful!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved