Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Originally Posted By: Ludo
Yukala, could you develop (in another thread) your own method?
It could be very interesting nad useful!

I will keep that suggestion in mind.

I am deeply engaged in the detail of building up my business model from virtual scratch. All the way through a Data Center build-out, infrastructure, marketing my writings etc, etc.

Right now for instance is final selection of the components, integration of key software that automates the Data Center Core. I do all work myself, working down list of things I have never done before, now so long I am used to doing what I have only just 'picture-read' at 25,000 words per minute. This is my chosen method of practical proof. I have gone through some 100,000 pages of technical readings last two years or so and I do know it!! My proof is goodly use. For me, doing a thing brings the reality into the moment as my own. I have truly found it addictive.

It is clear to my studies on the matter that going off into a closed environment like a college or worse going to college and then working a job where your thinking is compelled to attend to other subjects not related to studies at college can compete with a process that keeps the lever of theory to fact short, fast and even a little furious.

I indeed have a story to tell, but probably not here.

Thanks for asking though!

Okay Yukala, I understand wink

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Anything more than 90 seconds for previewing is too long and a waste of time.

What you know interferes with learning something different. Traditional reading uses the conscious mind. With the mistaken belief that learning is a conscious process. A number of researchers have done studies that learning is implicit. Done at a non-conscious level.

With PhotoReading you take advantage of implicit learning by first putting the information into the long term memory and activating it. So it becomes possible to get through books and reading material as fast as you can turn the pages. As an experienced PhotoReader you know if you want more from the book after you flipped the pages or not.

When I first came across PhotoReading I knew already that you cannot read at 25,000 a minute. (a reason why the they no longer take submissions for attempts to break that record.)

What sold me on PhotoReading was getting through my reading material 3 times faster as a beginner. That I knew should be possible because I was an average reader.

When I first read the PhotoReading book as instructed in the inside cover I read that book three times faster than traditional reading. I learned from that not everything needs to be read to for me to get everything I need to know from a book. The Einstein's showed me what was important.

Other books haven't got those Einsteins. So I decided that the PhotoReading system would teach me a method of placing those Einsteins in the books I choose to read.

Now I can finish a book as fast as I can flip it. I've put books back on the shelves in book shops knowing I cannot learn anything new from that book. And I've been forced to spend the 30 minutes with some of those books later only to confirm my initial assessment.

So far this year I've read 130 books with the better comprehension than I used to get before PhotoReading. And I only spend 2 or 3 hours a week on books.

I wish they would have taught me this when I entered high-school. Instead of using the methods that are ideal for learning to read I'd have been able to get through class material with a focus on what is relevant. I learned that the smart student's question, "will this be on the test"? Was the most brilliant of organised thinking (is this important to know?) after I learned PhotoReading.

It's great to be a sceptic provided you don't let other people do your thinking for you. Give it a fair go and see for yourself. Consider if a system can help your reading done in 1/2 the time wouldn't you want to use it? What about 1/3rd or 1/5th? If maths isn't your strong point, How about finishing a book in 5 hours instead of 10? Or 3 hours instead of 10 or even 2 hours instead of 10? It isn't reading at 25,000 words a minute but it is getting your reading done faster.

Alex

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved