Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hello Again,

I have finally made it to medit #4 on Embracing Freedom, and I would really like to hear about other's experience with this meditation. Is anyone else having difficulty with the idea of letting go of meaning in everything? Especially the things that are most meaningful to you? So far I have found that my psyche cannot even go there.

While I understand that the idea is always to experience the teaching, not try to understand it, it is also true that we are human beings and it is sometimes necessary to provide the mind and psyche with a clearer concept of something in order to be able to move beyond the barriers that keep us from being able to experience.

I wish that Jeddah would provide more written or spoken teachings, or FAQ's for this work. I cant believe that the same questions and challenges dont come up over and over with people approaching these teachings. I really appreciated the free interviews available on the website now, as they brought in a couple of concepts that helped to shift where I was with one of the meditations.

I know there are a lot of people out there reading these forums - how about sharing your experience?

Thanks!

WaterBird

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Hi WaterBird!

I've just posted some thoughts on the topic headed "Embracing Freedom." I will pass on your comment about some additional FAQ's being helpful. In the meantime, we'll keep touching base here.

With love,
Wendy

Hi again Waterbird,
I am with you all the way on the "meaningless" dilemma. I have decided there is no such thing as being without an ego. We HAVE to have one while on Earth, just like we need a body. And we need meaning to have a reason to stick around.

How we define our ego and meaning is totally up to us. For me, that is the responsibility of being free. I have found it disasterous to ponder meaninglessness and no ego. I have let go of a lot of beliefs, but I need to stay grounded in something earthly... at least for now.

Imagine all the people...
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Hi Sheryll and WaterBird!

I think you might find some great benefit by jumping ahead to Embracing Freedom Meditation 9 on "Humility." Jeddah addresses the challenges inherent in letting our egos run the show very eloquently in the introduction.

I have excerpted a couple of paragraphs that I think are particularly helpful:

For it is a burden to carry our ego. Not because there is anything wrong withhaving an ego, not at all. It is because our individual desires, wishes, wants create content - more and more content. And all this content is in the form of energy strands and patterns. The egoic world becomes increasingly complex, like living in a multidimensional spider web of energy. And as energy beings ourselves, we become ensnared in the fashioning and maintaining of this web and in keeping up with our own point of view. We become weighed down by the demands of maintaining our identity and the effort of trying to make it all fit neatly into a consistent perspective. Humility does not seek to maintain this identity. But to allow the ‘self’, which took so long and so much effort to create, to disappear into nothingness takes courage. For the ego even the thought of it is overwhelming.

Humility frees us from egoic effort and struggle. We don’t have to try to be anything because what we already are is far beyond what we can ever create. We can then participate fully in all of life’s content without becoming trapped by it. The relief that this realization brings is a giddy moment.

Plenty of food for thought in that one!

Lots of love,
Wendy

Last edited by Shawn_Grim; 09/22/10 05:52 PM.

Thanks Wendy,
I have listened to this CD several times. I am not insistent on having an ego. I am just saying that for me, the "nothingness" is wonderful but does not help me in the physical world. I found myself in a bliss without any desire to create, but to just "be". I believe integration of body and spirit is the ideal. There is a balance of do..be..do..be.

Even Jeddah has a name and a story about her life on earth. We create that "identity" and "story", otherwise there are no threads for meaning. Love is the deepest meaning and it is expressed in form through our egos and stories. If I have no identity and no story, I either have severe dementia or am a newborn.

Imagine all the people...

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved