Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

We just hired a new employee to be a therapist in our clinic. She has a TREMENDOUS amount of new material to learn in a short period of time. Wish I could take the time to teach her photoreading, but that will have to come later.

For now, I'd like to loan her my copies of Personal Genius and Memory Supercharger. What would be an effective way to utilize these so she can maximize her learning experience?

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Yes if using Personal Genius in the morning to help her face her day. If as you suggest she has a lot of new material to learn it can seem daunting and Personal Genius is great for that. She may like to stick with just one Paraliminal to start with.

Alex

Conejo:
A good recipe would be alternating daily for two weeks the following Paraliminals; Memory Supercharger, Focus and Concentration, and 10 Minutes Supercharger.

Remember trainers and therapist should not be operational until proficient. If not, it can backfire.

Good Luck,

OP Offline

thanks guys.

And Luis, yes. It will be a good 2 months before she's ready to take on any client load, and even then it will be under very strict supervision. Will take 6-12 months before she's ready to fly solo.

Conejo:
I am very happy that you reply to me, it shows me that you are a responsible individual. Also your metaphoric comparison with flying is a bullseye. There are certain professions that the smallest mistakes are paid with blood and lives too! Aviation is one, mental health is another one that can fall into this category.

Good luck,

OP Offline

Hi Luis,

I love that reflection on the flying metaphor. Cool stuff.

Yes, this is important stuff. What we do is help people in pain utilizing The Egoscue Method (www.egoscue.com) I started as a client years ago after a near fatal car accident. Was told I'd never run or play tennis again and likely be in a wheelchair at some later point in my life. 6 years later the pain was so bad I couldn't tie my own shoes, and was in my late 30s. Fortunately I found Pete Egoscue's book "Pain Free", made my way to the closest Egoscue clinic, and a year later I was running and playing tennis again, pain free. The experience was so powerfully transformative that I went through the training to become a therapist, and we eventually opened the first licensed (akin to a franchise) Egoscue clinic in the country here in Austin, Texas. There are now about 16 of our clinics around the country.

It's critically important that this new therapist learn effectively and efficiently. I need to get her seeing a client load, I'm overloaded. But the people who come to see us are not coming to see us for trivial issues. Most of them, they've tried "everything else" and nothing's worked and they still hurt. We are often their perceived "last resort" and there's usually a lot on the line for these folks, so we can't have a bad day, we can't ever be off our game. We always have to be able to give them our best, so I need this woman to learn quickly, efficiently and deeply so she can soon help serving people in a powerful way.

I'm grateful for these tools. I've had her start with just listening to Personal Genius at night while she's going to bed. We'll expand from there to some of the other suggestions. Thanks to all for your help!

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved