Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#77342 01/01/11 11:35 PM
OP Offline

Hello,

My names is Trent Charles and I'm attending Grant MacEwan University in Edmonton, AB. I have the Deluxe Photoreading package and the Full Paraliminal set. I have really enjoyed both sets and plan on using them to achieve the goals I have set for myself.

I'm putting my goal in written form onto the public domain. What I'm asking for is moral support as well as helpful feedback.

My minimum objective is to complete a BA degree in Economics with a minor in Business studies by the end of the 2012 Winter term.

My target objective is to achieve my minimum objecctive plus , Complete all the courses needed for a BCOM degree in International business with a minor in Economics. To be completed by the end of the 2012 Winter term.

My Outstanding Objective is to achieve both my minimum, target objectives and to be accepted to 3 different schools in Europe to do study abroad terms during the summer session, the winter session and the spring session. All at different schools as well as different countries. Currently I'd like the Steyr school in Austria, HAN in the Netherlands and Lucerne in Switzerland.

Currently, I'm about a 4 of 10 on this goal. I've completed 9 courses with a GPA of 3.7. To meet my objectives, I will be completing 7 courses during the Winter 2011 term, 5 over the spring and summer terms, 11 during the Fall 2011 term, 10 during the Winter 2012 term as well as 4 courses through Athabasca university online over the same time span. I will also have a balanced life which will include regular exercise, a part time job as a resident manager, VP of the aboriginal students club, volunteering and fun time for laser tag and stuff.

This goal gives me something to work towards and I'm very excited about it. I've done accelerated learning in high school and found it very enjoyable. I think the Photoreading package as well as the Paraliminals are the perfect tools to help me achieve my objectives.
I credit this goal to Steve Pavlina. If it wasn't for him sharing his own experiences on this subject, I probably wouldn't even have thought of a goal like this. And I want to thank learning strategies for give me the tools to follow through with.

If you have any success stories to share on this subject, please post them. Besides Steve and the kid who finished in 2 semesters, I haven't found many accounts of this.

Thanks, I wish that you have a productive and prosperous new year.

Trent

Last edited by Trent R Charles; 01/01/11 11:43 PM.
Learning Strategies Admin

Good luck with you plans. You'll probably get more feedback once you start reporting how you're going.

I tested PhotoReading myself on my path to becoming an instructor. As it happened I decided to do an intensive business study course. Normally 2 years part time 1 year full time this course was compressed to 6 weeks full time. I found the work extra easy and not like studying or learning at all. I completed my assignment 10 days before the due date. Because the course was so intense they asked me not to hand in my final assignment before the end. A part of the certification requirements was that my presence was required in the classroom every day. So while there I helped the other students with odd stuff like designing business cards. Finding lost data on their computer and come morning tea I had permission to leave.

One of the challenges one of the instructors set for me was to "write a paragraph of marketing options". I had about 12 books on advertising and marketing at home so I brought the books with me to the classroom. PhotoRead them and then just started brain storming onto a scrap of paper the ideas. I wound up adding 1.5 pages of ideas in bullet point form because if I'd have written a paragraph for each I would have added 15 pages to my assignment.

I simply PhotoRead the course material. Activated in the classroom with the lectures they presented which I mind mapped into a A3 sketch book. I probably looked like the least interested student there drawing away with different coloured markers while the lecturer yakked. I never opened the textbooks again after PhotoReading them. Since they were activated in class.

Alex

Alex-

What is your advise on materials heavy with formulas, text and tables which are associated with numbers such as accounting, finance etc. I will start my EMBA program in 3 months and I have been photoreading some summarized materials but I have a limited way of activating them effectively. As I do more and more preview, postview and activation exercises, I am realizing that being in an environment where I can communicate on the topic is essential for effective recall and activation. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Chris

Mind mapping. Break it down to chapters and then mind map. Yes formulas do work with mind mapping. But to get your head around it you might prefer to start with the Cornell note system. Rather than using the right hand column to write more notes start mini mind maps there. the back of the page on the left is ideal for a large summary mind map and diagramming more formulas.

The combination of visual, and tactile and the fact that you create it aids the memory and learning.

Alex

Thanks, I will work on it.

What would be your advise on the formulas? Do you dip into it and try to memorize or let it sink t subconscius mind?

Thanks
Chris

recreate them in multicolored markers. Break it into it's working parts. And test them on a few of the examples. If none are provided find a workbook with samples and work a few through to the correct answer.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved