Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#77427 01/17/11 05:08 AM
OP Offline

Dear All,
I am on third day of the 5 day challenge test. I have a book about cancer biology it is about 300 pages.
I tried to superread and dip in 30 minutes, but I couldnot, I was on page 80 when my time was over and then I just flipped the pages and just noticed the subheadings.
How do you photoread? it really seems IMPOSSIBLE to me. How can you do that? It is the third day and I do not know ANYTHING about the book yet.
I thank you if you could help me.
Bests

dreamer0085 #77456 01/19/11 11:09 AM
Learning Strategies Admin

As the instructions tell you you won't get much in that 30 minutes and don't worry about it. Just get through the book in 30 minutes and pick up stuff here and there.

Form mind probing questions. If you don't have questions you won't find answers. If you want to know anything you need to ask questions.

Alex

OP Offline

Alex,
Thankssssssssssssss. I finished my 5 days test. yesterday was my 5th day. it took about 1:40 hours. I could not finish the book and I did not create a mind map frown
Please tell me HOW you can create a giant mindmap on a 300 page book in 10 minutes? My book are too detailed.
If I cared about the time it seemed that I cant concentrate. and when I concentrate on the book my speed became too slow.
regarding the questions, I asked very general questions. Is it OK? for example: "what is cancer?" "what do tumor suppressors do?" all of my questions answer are included in at least 2 chapters and I had to read it carefully to get my answers. I skipped the parts that I did not have question about it.
Tell me what was wrong please and I'll try it again.
bests

Last edited by dreamer0085; 01/19/11 01:36 PM.
dreamer0085 #77463 01/20/11 07:09 AM

1 hour 40 minutes? Most people spend 8 to 12 hours with the book.

Decide what you need and how much more you need/ Why didn't you create a mind map?

Read my other posts. I mentioned that I mind map as I go. What were your questions? The answers you can add to your mind map.

Nothing wrong. Keep going obviously you haven't finished with the book. With the five day test you spend about 2 hours 20 to 30 minutes with the book. Give it another 30 minute activation. Here you decide what you was important, what you want to remember when you look at the mind map. Use mind mapping to summarise what you learned.

Alex

Alex

Alex,

Favorite topic again. During the activation, finding the answers to the questions through rapid / super reading and dipping and skittering is almost reading the book consciously. I think there is firm line between what is recalled consciously (which is collected though dipping) and what comes as part of unconscious recollection which I found difficult to experience. It is even mentioned in the home study CDs by Paul that the whole process might sound or feel like a conscious speed reading rather than unconscious photoreading but unconscious experience comes in time. To be honest I am still struggling with my proper purpose setting and activation. It would be very useful to have some real examples rather than suggestions on purpose setting (i.e. for learning Financial Management) and actual activation process with relevant questions. Just put yourself in a situation that you need to learn Financial management and how you would do it.

I am still waiting for my real sparky spontaneous activation which will give me the fuel and motivation to continue on this photoreading journey before I give up or take a brake.

Thanks again for your valuable guidance.
Chris

OP Offline

thanks alex. However as I mentioned, Creating a mind map took me a long long time....I am just wondering how you can create a mind map in 10 minutes from a 300 page bood?
however, I totally agree with chris. When and how will I see the effect of photoreading? All I remember is from dipping part (not even superreading or rapid reading) of the first sentences when I skittered.
I would really appreciate if anybody can give me some guides of this.
Thanks

dreamer0085 #77477 01/21/11 11:03 AM

Chris, PhotoReading is non-conscious. Activation brings what you PhotoRead to the conscious mind. You create the neural networks to access the memory by activation.

Reading is personal, Purpose is personal. I've written on the topic of purpose many times on the forum. Try searching the forums.

Unfortunately many will need to PhotoRead and activate many books before you've trained your mind so as to achieve spontaneous activation. What's more spontaneous activation is just that spontaneous. You probably wouldn't even notice you've had spontaneous activation if you did. So you'd be throwing out the baby with the bath water.

If you prefer to spend 8 to 12 hours with a 300 page book that's your choice. I prefer to finish a book in 30 to 90 minutes depending on my purpose. A beginner might take 3 to 4 hours with the book for the same comprehension as they get with traditional reading.

Dreamer. Set a timer and mind map for 10 minutes. Give up the idea you have to mind map it all and you don't need all the detail. Mind map what you learned that satisfied your purpose.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved