Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#7585 02/08/05 11:28 PM
BruceF Offline OP
OP Offline

Imagine my surprise today when I reached into the mailbox to find a thin box from LSC. I hadn't ordered anything, but I had heard about the CDs were coming out. I also read some time ago on this board that those of us who purchased paraliminals in the past (which I have almost all of, as well as, the Ideal Mindset, Decisive Action, and Consistent Achievement packages and other sets) were going to get a special deal on the upgrades.

I figured this was a free CD and there would be information about the upgrade. I opened up the CD to look over the new instruction booklet. And then I opened up the envelope also in the box.

Alas, I was wrong in thinking this was part of the upgrade. This is a new marketing technique for LSC. I have the option of keeping the CD for $9 and then receiving a new CD every 30 to 60 days at an un-named price or I can return it using the enclosed return shipping label. This reminds me of the old Columbia House record deals.

I'll give the CD a try to see if I like it better than the cassette. But, I don't think I'll be keeping it because of this 'offer'. It would have been nice if I had actually received some kind of upgrade offer rather than this offer.

#7586 02/09/05 03:33 AM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

That is called a "continuity" offer, which is like the CD of the month.

We've mailed two different types of offers to many of our clients to see which is the most popular.

With the continuity program, two CDs come every 30-60 days. The other offer is our usual "buy three and get the fourth free" and a special price on the entire library.

The pricing is ultimately about the same for both.

One of the things I like about the continuity is that we send you the CDs and then you decide whether to keep them or return them. We even pay postage for the return flight.

But, if you want the entire library at once--which is the way I personally prefer it, then order the library. If you received the continuity offer, just ring us and we'll help you get the full library.

Those who purchased from our close-out sale at the end of 2003 and those who signed up for an immediate notification, received a special email a week ago.

We will send an email to everyone else who has purchased Paraliminals in the past as soon as our website works properly.

The continuity was complicated for us to implement, but I think it will be the handsdown winner for new people who have just found us.

===

We made minor script changes on the new Paraliminals, but the biggest enhancement was embedding Holosync tones on each. Early feedback has been very positive.

We've also included 20-page booklets with each of the Paraliminals to help you get the most from the CDs.

Hope you like them.

#7587 02/09/05 07:17 AM

Hurm, sounds strange.

Sending someone something that they have an obligation to either pay for or send back when they didn't ask for it.... It's certainly a brazen tactic, but it's not one I'd welcome in my mailbox.

Companies usually go for the "here's a free gift! want more? sign up!" approach.

[This message has been edited by babayada (edited February 09, 2005).]

#7588 02/10/05 06:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by babayada:
Hurm, sounds strange.

Sending someone something that they have an obligation to either pay for or send back when they didn't ask for it.... It's certainly a brazen tactic, but it's not one I'd welcome in my mailbox.

I don't know about your letter, but mine says that since the cd wasn't requested, that you could keep it without paying at all.

However, I like mine so much I'm paying up. I have the tape already, but I prefer cd's where possible--I seem to have bad luck with tapes breaking or otherwise messing up.

#7589 02/10/05 12:59 AM

I was going on what was said in the forum.

I didn't receive anything.

What you said, Jeanne, sounds much, much better.

#7590 02/13/05 07:57 PM
BruceF Offline OP
OP Offline

quote:
Originally posted by Pete Bissonette:
<SNIP>
We will send an email to everyone else who has purchased Paraliminals in the past as soon as our website works properly.

The continuity was complicated for us to implement, but I think it will be the handsdown winner for new people who have just found us.
<SNIP>

Pete,
I think this gets to the root of the problem. As I mentioned in my original post, I am not new to LSC by any stretch of the imagination. I first attended a Photoreading seminar in 1996, where I was introduced to the Paraliminals. And I have steadily been purchasing them over the years.

Yet, your response says you will eventually make an offer to those who have purchased from you in the past and that the continuity program is aimed at new people. And here I am, a customer for 9 years with the continuity offer. It seems to me this was done backwards. All of which leaves me wondering what the offer will be to past customers like myself, when you'll be making this offer, and whether it will be of any greater value than the continuity offer I have in hand.

#7591 02/13/05 08:07 PM
BruceF Offline OP
OP Offline

Jeanne,
I had to go back and read the letter over. And you are right, it does say we can keep the CD for free. It says
quote:
Because you didn't ask for it, you don't have to participate or send it back - you could consider it a free gift, but returning it will give another friend the same opportunity!

Now, maybe I'm a bit overly sensitive, but this doesn't sound like an outright gift to me.

And I do want to make something clear. I LOVE the paraliminals and have found them very helpful and enjoyable over the years. And I don't have a big problem with this continuity offer. It's just that, as I just mentioned, it seems this offer should have come after an upgrade offer was made.

[This message has been edited by BruceF (edited February 13, 2005).]

#7592 02/14/05 03:13 AM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Bruce,

You were one of the fortunate few who were selected from our client base to find out which offer will prove more interesting to new customers. We are testing the offer with exsiting customers.

If you're on our mailing list you probably got the email by now, unless you've changed your email or asked us not to email you. Email me if you're unsure if you are still on our email database.

Alex

#7593 02/15/05 11:48 PM
BruceF Offline OP
OP Offline

Alex,
I haven't received anything about the paraliminals in my email. I do receive emails from LSC on a fairly regular basis. I even recieved one today, in fact. I'll email you my contact info so you can check anyway.

#7594 02/17/05 01:25 AM

I love the new CD. I also have a big library from learning strategies. Each course has done wonders for me. I have grown so much from learning strategies. I will be a life long customer. I feel like I am just reaching intermediate level of what the courses have been teaching me. I now know I am ready to immerse myself with it all. FEED ME!

[This message has been edited by NeoZon (edited February 16, 2005).]

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved