Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hi all.

I was photoreading a book last night, I think I am getting more proficency from Step1-4. So now I will focus on improving PostView and Activation.

Please correct me if I am wrong..

In postview, I will come up questions that based on the 20 keywords that I pull out from book. As a result, I had come up around 15 questions. Then wait for 1 night to do the activation.
So my question is,

1. Is that matter with how many questions that I am asking in post view?

2. And in activation step, I am required to look for the answer in the book by super reading.
Let say if i have 15 questions in total, should I ask these questions bit by bit when it comes to activation? For example: 2-3 questions each time when looking for answer by super read the book, and do another super read again for question 4-6..and so on

Wilson

Learning Strategies Admin

1. Spend no more than 12 minutes writing trigger words and questions, during postviewing. I find most are challenged to find 1 or 2 questions initially so if you have 3 you have enough. Trigger words and questions are to help build your curiosity. When it comes to activation and your purpose you may find the questions change as you progress.

2. Use Superreading and dipping or skittering. Start with one question in mind. As you find the answer you may find more questions forming that adds to your curiosity. Set a timer. Stop when the timer tells you to stop. Check your purpose and decide if you want to activate more, if you have more questions and decide how much time you intend to give the activation. Keep doing that until it gels.

Alex

Hello,
If I could not form further question, then could I find a new related mind probing questions like what I'd done in postviewing?
LT

That's what I normally do during activation. You can pause to look at your trigger words, you can look over the TOC or index to see if there is more you want form the book.

If you're through asking questions you're no longer interested in the book so it's fair to say you're finished. If it's a textbook for school find a reason to be interested in it. Think about your long term goal.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved