Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Jaikel Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi, I have recently purchased the AFL course. In the "How to Use this Course" it mentions the "Results Supercharger" optional approach (which I also have from the Photo Reading course).
How exactly do you incorporate the Results Supercharger DVDs into the course? Am I supposed to be doing specific exercises that are shown on the DVDs prior to listening to the AFL CDs?
Thanks in advance.

Learning Strategies Admin

The Abundance For Life course has a fast way of starting the course. The instructions are in the first pages of the manual. It tells you which CDs to listen to first to get the whole experience rolling. Then you return to the first CD and listen sequentially.

The title Results Supercharger refers to a quick start approach to working with the Abundance For Life course.

It's not related to the Results Supercharger DVDs from the PhotoReading course.

Alex

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

My advice is not to follow the Results Supercharger steps. Be patient and follow the full course beginning with the first CD of the Prelude. You can do the RS, if you really want to, but I encourage you to follow it step by step. This is based on feedback by quite a few Abundance for Lifers. Pete

Jaikel Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks Alex and Pete for your replies.
I have decided to do the course from start to finish, but am stuck on the Prelude CD3. I am having great difficulty with the exercises, in particular the one on track 3. I can do the exercise right up to the point where it is asking to speak rapidy about your internal experience. I am not sure what this means, am I supposed to describe my feelings (which is usually just feeling calm) or something else?
Do I continue on with the course, even though I am having trouble with understanding some the exercises?
Thanks.

Just notice it. The reason it's rapid is we don't want to get stuck on analysing it. Just being aware and appreciating whatever you are feeling.

Alex

This is based on feedback by quite a few Abundance for Lifers.

Vin Offline

Doesn't verbalizing it cause you to analyze it? I had some trouble with that also.

Only if you try to do it slowly. The important part is to speak fast, to avoid analysing. To stay in description mode.

Alex

Vin Offline

I feel as if there is nothing to describe other than calm, peace, expansiveness, darkness, emptiness. Am I on the right track?

Also, is this exercise supposed to be practiced more than once? What's the purpose of it? How does it work? Where can I find more info on it? I'm curious about the mechanics of it. I did a brief search under Erickson but didn't find anything on this particular technique.

Craig

Keep going. That track is a start, and how do you know you are calm, how to you know the feeling is emptiness? Where or what is absent for you to have those feelings.

As I intended to point out in the previous post. The feeling range and depend on what you're doing. That's where it's worthwhile doing the exercise at different times in the day 30 times a day. It becomes a powerful tool.

It works by connecting you with yourself. We grow up learning that things about us are not right, certain feeling should be suppressed, why if they are just energy in the body. I'm not saying that if you feel rage you need to act on it. Most people don't notice that they are suppressing rage and wonder why their body is so tense. It makes a difference if you can be aware of where in your body you are feeling that rage, notice it.

Interesting stuff happens when you notice. I won't try to explain that because it's really something you want to experience.

Somewhere I mentioned, it ca take doing the exercise 30 times a day for up to 3 weeks. Though for most it won't take that long. The moment you get it.... you'll know.

Not Erickson. Arnold Patent is the one who put it out there in that form.

Alex.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved