Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

Supercharger DVD 1: before the "Do I have a clear purpose?" section:

He just mentions the various ways/steps to achieve activation (superreading, skittering, dipping, etc.). Then he talks a little more, then says:

Quote:
If you are not confident about that, then practice the steps. And let me tell you, it's not about the steps. The steps are a big ruse to get you over your hurdle thinking that you don't already know everything in that book.

More comments later. I've listened to (and taken notes) on the DVD's twice. I'm prepping up for my own Power Day either tomorrow or Saturday.

I've been affirming: I naturally trust my other-than-conscious mind to easily assist me in reaching my goal of ________ even if it feels different than what I've experienced before now.

more later.

OP Offline

Okay, I thought this would create a stir. . . but apparently not.

Why should it create a stir? Because IF what he says is true, then:
* how can we show ourselves we truly know the material without actual activation?
* why isn't spontaneous activation more likely to occur?
* if we have a different purpose for information we want, but we didn't state that purpose when photoreading, then we really do NOT have "everything in that book" right?

Well, I thought it would create more interest. . . to bad because there is a ton of questions that can and should come from this one quote if we assume it to be true.

So for now, I will call this a sleeper topic. . .

Learning Strategies Admin

How do you know you haven't had spontaneous activation more often? If you know it it isn't spontaneous. You don't start explaining stuff and say hey this is all spontaneous activation. What happens is you own the information and tell it as the owner as if you've already known this a long time.

If you had a purpose for PhotoReading the book your mind processed the information. If you have a different purpose later. You do it naturally in many areas of life already. If you buy oil for your car. Put it in the garage with the intention to service your car later. And then someone steals your car and you get a new one. The oil is still in the garage. Say your brother comes to visit and says. I got to go I promised to service the wife's car. You say, hang about. I bought some oil for my car but haven't used it. You may as well take it.

Information in your head whether it's about oil you stored in the garage or words in the book is available to you. Purpose may change. If you had a purpose to begin with you're more likely to be able to remember where you stored it.

Your post did not invite discussion. You told everyone to wait for more so they waited.

Alex

OP Offline

Thanks Alex.

As for the telling people to wait and they did. . ..I didn't know I had that kind of power so. . .

Please send $10 to me at. . .

have a great day and reply if you desire

OP Offline

"if you know it it isn't spontaneous."

I call an incomplete truth here. The PR book shares tales of spontaneous activation. Obviously there must be at least SOME cases of knowing.

So I still find this interesting, despite the rough start.

OP Offline

So I realize a little more why I think this quote from Paul is so intriguing:
* knowing everything in the book
* yet relying on activation or believing the only way to access is manual activation
* represents purely a belief that is designed to remove limits while simultaneously creating a limit.

I have to wonder that when spontaneous activation occurs, how it can be recognized as such (does it really matter if it is recognized?), and how to recreate it automatically.

Manual activation gives the conscious mind the security blanket of layering the effect of Photoreading, yet Pete B. wouldn't dare to try Photoreading for the radio interview like he and Chris Payne did unless they knew/trusted in their own activation abilities.

Unfortunately, the interaction could be called part of manual activation.

Is spontaneous activation a poor choice of labeling? Planned activation and serendipitous activation?

moving on. . . .

OP Offline

Oh, and I did do a Power Day this past Saturday.

20 books over three sessions. I kept looking under my feet wondering what I learned. My fiance' asked me later, "did reading all those books change you? You're acting different."

That would be a case of "unknown activation" I suppose.

Spontaneous activation has no element of force or intention. It just happens. If you are aware of it, it's another form of manual activation.

The reason we know spontaneous activation exist is 20/20 hindsight. We look back and realise it happened.

If you're trying to activate, regardless of technique it's manual activation. It you're aware of it, it's manual activation.

Alex

Check out my 2007 spontaneous activation post, its my experience on it.

Personally, I don't take spontaneous activation much of a thing, it just like remembering where you put your keys and nothing very special about it.
I doubt people would simply sit and wait for spontaneous activation for any average size books, because even spontaneous activation did happen, it won't get you very far through the book at all.

So, don't stress on it too much.

how to control the active time?I don't know how much time to avtive one book.sometimes,the book range from 100 to 500 pages.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved