Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#78325 06/23/11 03:48 PM
jojo14 Offline OP
OP Offline

Can somebody please tell me how to read the compass.There are just 4 short lines in between the degrees for example between 180 and 190 so how you guys read it?I was reading it like 181, 182,183 and 184 but looking at the manual I found out I was wrong and from where this .5 came from like 187.5,202.5,etc. Nobody has asked that question before so I don't feel very good about asking it but I will much appreciate the help

Someone more knowledgeable can jump in and correct me if I'm wrong; but I think you are getting down to splitting hairs here.
I'm not sure we need to get that focused on direction.

For example: If your success direction is NW the parameters for NW are broad enough to encompass 300-340 degree's. This may be a bit inaccurate as my manual is in my car but you get the idea.

Marie gives the parameters in the manual somewhere; or is it the quick start manual. I'm not sure.

I do know that we need not concern ourselves with directions down to even 1 degree.

I think what is more important is intention. What is our intention in our success direction or any of the other three directions.

These are the building blocks of a successful & happy life.
Hope this helps,

Blessings,
gus

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha jojo14,

The "lines," or "ticks," between the numbers are in degrees of two. It is implied on the first bullet point on page 12 of the Level one course where it walks you through using a compass.

the .5's are just in reference to where the different directions,(or i-ching reading in the hexagram course)stop.

As simram mentions, you wont need this level of specificity in the Level I and II course, but knowing you have a half degree buffer in the Level three course can come in handy.

Much Love,

Shawn

Also, standing in the centre of the room while taking the measurement is the protocol (as mentioned in the audio of level 1).
Is that an absolute rule?

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved