Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I got the paraliminal memory supercharger, as I was listening to it, I was thinking about that one voice talk to one ear (one side of the brain), and the other voice to the other ear, and when it said this voice should be in the right ear and this voice should be in the left ear, i suddenly realize, I'm left handed, am I getting the right message to the right side of the brain? or should I swich it? Can someone let me know? Thank you.

I don't think the brain structure is all that different for different handers, I'd expect the default left/right voices to work just fine.

Learning Strategies Admin

According to research 98% of right handers have language centers in the left (considered the norm). 2% of right handers have the language centers on the right.

66% of left handers have the language centers on the left and 34% of left handers have the language center on the right (i.e only 1/3 of the left handers actually have their language centers on the opposite side of right handed people).

I had posted above before.

Actually came across some interesting data that implies it doesn't matter which ear hears it, it's still processed by the side of the brain that handles the task. It stands to reason when I think about it. Many people are deaf in one ear. They'd be acting odd if the rule was that only logical is accepted by the right ear and you happen to be deaf in that ear...

Alex

quote:
Originally posted by Alex K. Viefhaus:
They'd be acting odd if the rule was that only logical is accepted by the right ear and you happen to be deaf in that ear...

Alex

Good one! Yes, that'd be a bummer... There's some new research out, though, on this issue. I'll see if I can find it on the net, I've only had a brief look at it and from what I can recall it DID seem to have some relevance regarding paraliminals - and which side of my head I should be placing the hand set when I'm selling over the telephone, but I don't think it makes it necessary to switch things around for left handers. Although that may be an interesting thing to play with for anyone, regardless of whether you're right or left handed.

I wouldn't worry about it. People report getting results even without the use of headphones.

OP Offline

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR QUICK REPLY, I GUESS IT MAKES SENSE WHAT ALEX SAY ABOUT PEOPLE WHO CAN ONLY HEAR WITH ONE EAR, BUT I DIDN'T KNOW THAT IT WOULD BE ACCURATE WITH THE PARALIMINALS, BECAUSE IF THEY ARE USING HEADPHONES, THEY CAN ONLY HEAR ONE SIDE OF THE MESSAGE, AM I RIGHT? IT'S THE SAME I JUST FOUND OUT MY 10 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER THAT IS BLIND ON THE RIGHT EYE, SHE CAN'T SEE 3DIMENSIONAL, THE BRAIN IS SO AMAIZING, AND YET SO PARTICULAR ABOUT CERTAIN THINGS. I DON'T KNOW GUYS, YOU ARE THE EXPERTS. MAYBE I'D TRY ONE WEEK WITH THE HEADPHONE REVERSE AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS. THANK YOU AGAIN FOR LISTENING.

Even if you've lost your hearing in one ear you can still use the Paraliminal with great success. Both voices are in both ears just one dominates each channel. And for the heck of it you can swap them. It can create a different perspective.

With hearing loss that is dominant in one ear you would lose the ability to locate the direction of the sound with ease. You need to hear the sound a few times while turning in the spot and triangulate the direction. With a working ear on each side of the head the triangulation happens naturally.

This is a similar problem with being blind in one eye. You need 2 eyes to see in 3D. We see 3D because each eye sees the object from a slightly different angle.. Of course the brain is amazing, if you lose sight in one eye after experiencing 3D the brain knows and recognises what would be in 3D even though it's no longer seen that way.

Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex K. Viefhaus (edited February 24, 2005).]

OP Offline

THANK YOU ALEX, THAT WAS VERY INTERESTING,ONE THING IS FOR SURE,YOU SEEM TO KNOW YOUR STUFF.I WILL TRY IT THOUGHT. THANKS AGAIN.

Pilula65,

Have you been doing your experiment with the headphones reversed? Have you noticed any changes, differences, etc.?

I'm also left-handed and have a terrible time getting real, lasting results from any audio program with headphones. I also have "abnormal brainwaves that are normal for me", so I'm very curious about your experiment. Maybe my brain's wired backwards!

Thanks!

[This message has been edited by benewme (edited March 01, 2005).]

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved