Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#78359 06/29/11 03:08 PM
OP Offline

Hi,
I am so sad, because I've used this system for several months , and it is very hard to use it to read textbooks.
And I never feel any information coming from my subconscious when I activate.
Because I have a test in August, so I have to read the textbook every day.(around 100 pages for each day)
My purpose is :This chapter has several important ideas(especially important for the exam), I want to read it so that I could pass the exam.

It is a struggle when someone seeing something important, but he don't know how to ask a question to reach in these important topics, especial for textbooks.

I think the reason is : it is hard to be interested in reading a textbook, because compare to light stuffs, a textbook is "dead and logical". Even though I know it is important for my career, but still I can't get more passion on reading it.

If there is a question like this: So why you still read this book?
I maybe say: Because I have to pass the exam, and we know not all the subjects are interesting, but still I have to read it even I don't like it.

OK , my main question is this: If I see some stuffs which are very important(but not interesting). But I don't know how to formulate a question to reach inside the kernel of the stuffs, then how to make a question?

The stuffs are close to my eyes, but far away from my brain. frown
LT

Last edited by LiverTom; 06/29/11 03:12 PM.

I have some questions for you.

I would appreciate it if you answer my questions honestly.

Did you try to learn photoreading at the same time while trying to learn a textbook?

In other words did you not make any attempts at all to just activate a regular book say for example a self help book.

It has been said many time on this forum do not try to learn how to activate on a textbook.

I kinda of get the impression you directly went to attempting to learn how to activate a textbook without never even attempting to activate a regular book. Please correct me if i am mistaken.

How can you expect to successfully activate school textbooks when you have not even successfully activated one regular book?

If you cannot successfully activate a self-help book what makes you think you can successfully activate a much more complex,complicated textbook?

Your thoughts create your reality. As i read your post i see these negative affirmations this statement this material is boring and your brain says that is right why are reading this boring stuff? Your other statement a textbook is dead and logical another negative affirmation to your brain and your brain says that is right why are you reading this boring stuff. You could just regular read this book from cover to cover and not get anything out of the book.

It starts with your attitude towards learning. You do not believe you can successfully activate a textbook and your brain agrees with you. You say the textbook is boring and your brain agrees with you you say the textbook is dead and your brain agrees with you.

That is why your attitude is so important in learning if you do not believe you can successfully activate a textbook you will not.

Change your attitude first if you do not change your attitude you are wasting your time.

Also Alex cannot hold your hand you need to act upon the information Alex has given you.

Start with changing your attitude first then go to a bookstore or a library and find a regular basic self-help book and activate it. Better yet get 20 regular self-books successfully activate them then activate a textbook after you have first successfully activate 20 regular self-help books.

You should change your attitude to believing in yourself.

Photoread4me

OP Offline

Hi,
There is one more thing to say is that, before reading the textbooks, I have never attend any class before, I just read it from zero.
And before trying on textbook, I had activated on regular books: Something relate to sub-conscious, how to work efficiently,NLP... Not 20 but about 8 books(I'd read some of them before). Compare to textbooks, they are superficial, easy to understand.
But for reading the textbooks, especially without any knowledge foundation, I even don't know how to ask a question to achieve my purpose. So that is the reason why it doesn't work.

So is it possible to read a hard book from zero?

One more thing: the textbooks are not mathematical stuffs, so I could understand everything from the books: I could normally read them without any additional introduction books(but slow).

LT

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

This chapter has several important ideas(especially important for the exam), I want to read it so that I could pass the exam.

Your purpose is poor. You're not identifying what you need to know to pass the exam and why it's important to you to pass the exam.

I've spoken with and coached many students and I've discovered that when they are vague on purpose they often have no real interest in the subject they just want to pass to please their parents. Have left it to the last minute to read everything and now hoping for a miracle.

If you want to succeed you need to determine what's in it for you. Why are you studying? Where do you plan to go with that in the future? What is needed for you to take the next step.

Step one Prepare is the most important part of reading. I suggest you re-read the PhotoReading book page 24-25 4th edition and read it often.

Working at activating 100 pages in 30 minutes is a great idea. However I would focus on individual chapters. Working one chapter until I understand it and have mind mapped it and am satisfied that the mine map records the information from the chapter in such a fashion that I only need to remember the mind map to be able to recall the information needed for the exam.

Mind map. If you're only trying to read and not summarise at the end of your study session what you learned you are not really studying to learn. You just hoping something of what the author said sticks.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved