Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#78538 08/23/11 08:33 PM
100167 Offline OP
OP Offline

I just started qigong and I'm finding it difficult to stand for any length of time, my back aches and I'm just very uncomfortable. I can then only think about how uncomfortable I am and then I don't focus on the emptiness and then I just want to move. My feet ache too. Is that usual? And no I don't have any injury or sickness.

Just standing is more demanding than many people think. Walking and running give change and often relief via moving muscles. Believe it or not but the discomfort is a great communicator. That is assuming, as you say, you have no injuries. Sharp pain is another matter but lets just say you are feeling discomforts such as feelings like pen pricks, cramps and general discomfort. Those sensations are often telling you where the blockages exist. Try to relax, release and breathe through them. Remember that Master Lin talks of breathing with or through all of your skin. Try visualizing and feeling the breath go through those uncomfortable spots. If you start wiggling, moving or trying to get comfortable you will miss a great opportunity to work through your blockages.

Also make your sessions short at first and build up to longer sessions. Remember there is good, better, best. Even 10-15 minutes of serious work at first is better than none. In time you will find yourself standing for an hour or longer with no discomfort. Be kind to yourself and exercise your patience. Just my thoughts. Hope it helps.
D

100167 Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi D - thank you so much for that information as I just don't have anyone around that knows about Qigong. I found the information very useful and I will be more patient and persist. Thank you again, Lou.

That's a great response, kahkahwee.

"If you start wiggling, moving or trying to get comfortable you will miss a great opportunity to work through your blockages. "

That's about it too. Somewhere in our Mind, we decided to resist the "bad" and keep the "good". However, ***"what you resist persists"*** (said in the motion picture "What the Bleep Do We Know?" --a documentary on quantum physics, real good to watch and very insightful.)

If you stop resisting and just flow with it, see it as energy condensed into "a blockage" or "pain" it loses it's impact and will dissolve merely by observing it "as energy". When you resist an energy-type by "trying to look past or around it" or "trying to think about something else" you only keep it stuck there.

Flow with the pain as energy if it arises. See it as energy. It'll be much easier to diffuse it by doing that, than from the perspective of "trying to get rid of it". By "trying to get rid of it" your mind makes it real. By looking at it as energy and just letting it flow out of you and disappear, it goes back to the 'emptiness' -- as state of infinite potentials and all possibilities. When "old, stale" energy is released to emptiness, your Mind is open for new, wonderful possibilities.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Seems people around here have very insightful answers and responses.

QiGong, like many energy systems is a path of discovery of the Self. Not the small self that we think we are, but the Grand Self which is everyone. In it's essence, QiGong restores lost or missing 'time-streams' while undoing the blockages and energy knots that appear to exist in the body, bioelectric field and mind. In time, the awareness of the Soul makes itself known to you. Just stick with it and in time you will See. The more you learn, the more you will realize there is to learn. The further you go, the further there is to go, the deeper you go, the deeper there is to go. This goes on forever. Be at One with the Emptiness, and know that you and everyone are timeless and Eternal in the 'highest' 'level' of Mind. The One mind, is flawless perfection, a 'dimensional entity' that is pure love. It is our goal to return to what we really are by purifying our energy. QiGong is a great way to do that.

Your world is made of Consciousness, Mental Objects, Perception, and Sensation. Sensation is an effect of Perception, which comes from Mental Objects and that is made by Consciousness. However, as an Observer of Consciousness, you are beyond Consciousness itself. Whatever happens, don't worry about the body. It's not really you, but rather a bio-machine that you have created for the purpose of 'returning home'

Here are some mental games for your contemplation, try to remember them anytime you think you are bored...

Visualize your body as made of really bright light that has a flawless quality to it. Any spots of tension that arise also become light and disappear.

This is a good one to add into your Self Concentration. As each channel opens, use clear light (like water, only flawless). When you open your spine, this light flows all the way up your back and into your brain, renewing every cell, every atom, every particle of potentials...

Ask yourself questions. Contemplate limitation. Are you limited, unlimited, or neither? What does being limited even mean? Don't resist anything that comes up, but dissolve it into the Emptiness. What does unlimited even mean? Don't be attached to the idea that you can't do this because...blah blah blah... remember that everything is made of Mind and you can or can't do something because you decided it was that way. Diffuse it into Emptiness and you will feel free.

These are contemplations that will help you discover and reprogram your ego. Which is just a series of beliefs you secretly have about yourself and others around you.

Good luck in your training, and research with an open mind knowing that anything and everything is possible. And as always, feel free to ask questions, we will discover the answers together. For everything is still One.

~Z

Last edited by Zakyrus; 08/27/11 10:43 PM.
100167 Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Z - thank you for your reply. I will be applying this knowledge. You are absolutely right, I have become stuck in the mind and need to let go and flow. I just need to persist and practise. I think I am an impatient person, but I must just go with it and not rush. This is my main problem.
Thank you again, Lou

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved