Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I discovered Paraliminals while reading StevePavlina.com a few years ago. Because I have been suffering with low self-esteem for what seems like an eternity, I purchased the Self-Esteem Supercharger right away. I made sure to listen with stereo headphones once a day, in the mornings before leaving for work. I also try not to focus on the voices, but rather float between the two. Although I felt pretty good and fairly relaxed after each session, I did not have the breakthrough in self-esteem that I expected. I thought that maybe I should add some other Paraliminals to supplement the SE Supercharger. So over the course of a few years, I purchased Belief, You Deserve It, Anxiety Free, Deep Relaxation, Automatic Pilot, Fresh Start, Happy For No Reason, Ideal Weight, Instantaneous Personal Magnetism, New History Generator, Positive Relationships, and Talking to Win. I recently purchased 2 of the new Paraliminals: Intuition Amplifier and Abundant Money Mindset.

I’ve tried doubling-up with SE Supercharger and You Deserve It each day. I also added Happy For No Reason, listening to all 3 Paraliminals each day. I’ve tried different combinations of all the Paraliminals I have purchased thus far trying to find the “magic bullet” that would give me the results I wanted. I will generally stick with one combination of Paraliminals for about 2 – 3 weeks. Again, listening to all of the Paraliminals have been very pleasant and relaxing, and on days where I feel like crap, they really help to pick me up. But I’ve had no sustained improvements in my low self-esteem or in my feelings of low self-worth. My low self-esteem has affected pretty much every area of my life, from my relationships, my health, my career, etc. I’ve given up on the Paraliminals many times, only to come back to them later on when I was feeling really low.

I’m starting to wonder now if these Paraliminals really work? Or am I expecting too much from them? Or do I really not know what I’m doing? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Try writing in a journal. Describe your day and a situation in your day where you feel pulled yourself down. Rate it. On a scale of 1 to 10 1 being poor and 10 the best you can be. Then Review and decide what would be different if you were one point higher on the scale. What would that improvement, look like, feel like sound like smell like and even how it would make you feel. Then listen to the Self-Esteem Supercharger or other Paraliminal that seems appropriate.

Do that for the two weeks while you are working on a self improvement goal and let me know how you go.

Most of the time. We don't notice improvements because they become new comfort zones. There is always room for improvement. We may not think we've gotten better because we never took a snap shot from our beginning. Consider that just listening to a Paraliminal can lift you they are doing something.

It's like climbing a mountain. Through the forest we cannot see how high we've climbed and the current place where we are still seems far lower than where we think we should be or would like to be.

Alex

OP Offline

Thanks, Alex. I'll do as you suggest.

Hey Majik Mike-

I have used the Self-Esteem Supercharger for years. I absolutely love it- it's my favorite paraliminal.

I have noticed major major results.

Here's what I do, and what I would recommend. First off, it's very important HOW you listen to the paraliminal. The non-conscious mind can process amazing amounts of information every second. Think about it. Everything that's going on in your body, and in the world around you is being processed by your non-conscious mind. All the colors, all the sounds, all the lights, all the smells, all the movement- everything. Naturally, your mind has to filter out what's unimportant.

How does your non-conscious mind know what's important- you tell it. If you say "I'm looking for an ring I dropped in the grass" all of a sudden, you become so much more aware of the grass- everything that isn't green jumps out at you. A rock hear, a button over there. You've told your non-conscious mind what to do. What to look for.

To get the most out of paraliminals you have to have a clear assignment for your non-conscious mind.

It helps to have a one sentence intention you set and keep the same with every paraliminal over a period of time.

Mine was something like: "I am always smiling and confident in any social setting, and I feel good about who I am and what I am doing with my life."

That's the first step- do that, and You Deserve it together- with the same one sentence intention- over and over.

The next thing you have to do, is take action. These are new behaviors that your non-conscious mind hooks on. They are the justifications the non-conscious mind uses.

I basically started being nicer to strangers- the person at the coffee shop what have, and smiling more. These were the beginnings of "proof" that my non-conscious mind would use to reinforce the belief.

Good luck- keep it up. I promise, from my experience, if you let it, and trust it, it works.

Now - side note...if you're doing something which makes you feel bad about yourself...like eating really unhealthy, or playing video games 24/7... this will take more time. We need to try to curb the behaviors that make us feel ashamed of who we are- it will happen naturally, if you just take an opportunity to try a different behavior that would make you feel good about yourself.

OP Offline

Thanks for your suggestions, Ryan. I have gotten away from using the Paraliminals again. I am making a commitment to myself to really make use of them until I get the results I want. I have neglected the use of a "goal" when using the Paraliminals, even though the instructions call for it. I will do as you suggest and really stick with it. Thanks again.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved