Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hello.

First post:

I practice Level I Active Exercises between 5:00 and 7:00 o'clock, as mentioned in the course.

Now, I am learning Level II. I have not heard/seen anything in the course about time of day for practicing the Active Exercises. Does this mean that any time of day is fine for practicing the four postures?

Many thanks, in advance.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

David smile

I am interested in this answer. I would assume that the time frame would be the same but who knows for sure.
In a busy world practice of any kind is hard to come by. I'm on level 1 and practice when I can but practice every day for 40 to 70 minutes depending. I am on day 15 and have not missed a day. Sometimes it is 10 at night; sometimes it is 7 in the morning. For me the important thing is to practice every day. With holiday stuff, kids school concerts and other family and work obligations things get a little harried but it gets done. That is, ultimately, the important part.

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Hmmm...I answered this yesterday and must have not submitted it before going off to something else and turning off my computer.

So here is the response in a nut shell wink

5-9 is a great time for level 1 exercises since it it the time for the kidneys and those exercises are focused on building your main energy reservoir, the Lower Dantain.

11-12pm is a great time for the Level 2 exercise since it is the time for the heart, and the heart center or middle dantain is what we are focusing on and building in that level (Chunyi also mentions that the front and back channels automatically open at this time as well, so double-bonus).

there are a lot of levels to good, better, best. yes, doing your meditation or active exercises (or both) from 11-1 would be great. However, if that is pushing your schedule and current ability too far so that you end up doing it once, twice, or for a full week and then stop, you'd be better off finding time during each day to do the work, even if it is a different time, and 15-30 minutes a session.

New Years is a great time to look at how you spend your 24 hours each day and look at where that is taking you physically, mentally, spiritually, and emotionally. Like a ship sailing across the sea, a seemingly small changing in your direction may seem insignificant in the short term, but can be the difference in landing you in Hawaii or shipwrecked on some deserted atoll.

Much Love,

Shawn

OP Offline

Thank you, Shawn.

The schedule here is a hour of Level I Active Exercises from 5:30 to 6:30AM and and hour of Small Universe from 11:30 to 12:30, at the noon hour. (BTW, I just got Master Lin's Heart Sutra CD, which seems to have "amped up" my experience of the Small Universe even more.)

I think I'll build in the Level II Active Exercises after 11:00AM and just before the Small Universe.

Unless I dreamed it, I read somewhere on this forum (I haven't been able to find it again) that after a prolonged period of practicing the Small Universe and Level I Active Exercises, that more Small Universe and less of the Active Exercises could be acceptable.

My understanding was that the Small Universe alone would keep the channels open after the combination of Active Exercises and Small Universe meditation got the body's channels open and humming. Maybe I dreamed that, though, because I can't find that post.

The fact is that both sitting and standing feel so good right now that I can't imagine doing any less of either. I hope the pleasant sensations do not fade with time, for whatever reason.

Thanks, very much, again.

David smile

Hi. I think I am on day 500 or something, don't really know. Have mixed with other programs too in the beginning. Schedule... not so well defined... but I do something every morning between 6-9. I have a 10-15min warm-up program that I love (not SFQ but similar to harvesting of Qi) and I always start with that. Then the Level 1 stuff for about 20-40 minutes (not the same every day). In the evening I do some meditation, Mindfulness, chakras, Small Universe or Moon Meditation (SFQ - Level 3). In the evening I do more what I feel like (and what the body says) and how it fits with other activities. Even though I feel that the meditation keeps the energy alive I will not skip Level 1 totally. I believe and have noticed that the movements are very good for muscles and body overall. Like morning gymnastics and stretching. In the very beginning, thousands of years ago, the history says that Qigong was partly developed because meditators ruined their health by just sitting in meditation all day...
Just a few days ago I started with Level 2 excercises in the morning after the warm-up. Will see how it feels after awhile. I can not do SFQ too late in the evening, the body is buzzing and full of energy and I can not sleep. A couple of hours before bedtime seems ok.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved