Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
horm Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi,

I have just read through the photoreading book.

Is is possible to go through the photoreading step for many different books, each with different purpose, and then activate them one by one in the next day?

My rationale behind this is that we can continue reading even while waiting for incubation of materials

If it is not possible, then am I write to say that we should always stick to one purpose at a time, finishing it, or abandoning it, before moving on?

Learning Strategies Admin

I've PhotoRead 100 books in 2 hours. Not uncommon for me to PhotoRead a stack of books and activate them later.

Alex

horm Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Alex,

100 books in 2 hours is amazing!

In the photoreading book, Paul mentioned about roughly spending 3-8 min per book for previews. This preview will include flipping through some 20 pgs of the book and jotting down approx 20-25 words or so.

Given your speed, is previewing a automated process that requires no writing for you? Do you face any difficulties is re-finding those trigger words later when you want to activate the book?

Horm

Last edited by horm; 02/21/12 09:36 AM. Reason: removed questions for which I have found answers on other posts

Originally Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus
I've PhotoRead 100 books in 2 hours. Not uncommon for me to PhotoRead a stack of books and activate them later.

Alex

100 books in 2hrs....is that just a figure of speech or is it true?In my calculations out of 120minutes you get only 72seconds for each book....How could anyone do that? I cant hardly believe that.....explain if you can

No 100 books was the minimum, I lost count around the 100 mark.

The 3rd edition of PhotoReading has previewing for 3 to 8 minutes you'll find in the 4th edition previewing is 30 to 90 seconds. Preview was a quick glance of the front and back covers to make sure the books were of the genre I was as expected.

Any PhotoReader can do it. Go into a bookshop or library and start flipping.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved