Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I am getting ready to pass a Psychologist licensing exam. Without Photoreading it would take 3-4 months to prepare for it. I am still not great at PhR but I will try and use it in my preparation. Here is my plan:
1. I preview my test material
2. Formulating the PURPOSE appears simple; to process and retain enough material to pass the test.
3. Photoread the material
4. Postview
5. Go do the dishes or some other work around the house
6. Activate in some way
7. See if I can pass any of the tests included with the preparation material
Question: Should I do any "ordinary" studying as well? How much time should I spend studying in a day?
I would like any suggestions, please.
Thank you!
Anna
Seattle, WA

Hi Anna.

I do not think it is a good idea to try to learn activation on such a important examination.

Do you know how to Photoread? If you do great! By photoreading you can have the textbook operating on a other than conscious level and a conscious level as well.

So my recommendation to you is to photoread and then do regular studying.

Speaking of how long to study the human brain is not designed to do marathon studying sessions. You definitely do not want to cram. Cramming is not effective at all and you do not remember anything after cramming.

You can study using one of the principles used in photoreading.

Layers it is all about layers Anna that is what you want to go for in studying. As you probably know Anna you need to ask what information is important here. You need to be asking effective questions related to your purpose. Your purpose is crucial. Your goals for the exam are extremely important.

Remember the 80/20 rule. Remember you want to spend your time focusing on the 20 percent most important part of the book or course.

Part of achieving your goal is to know how much work you have to do. Determine that then divide that work within your 3 to 4 month timeline. And follow a daily schedule devoted to preparing for your exam.

Take frequent breaks. Study for 30 minutes then take a 7 minute or 8 minute break. Study for another 30 minutes take another 7 minute break. Study for another 30 minutes take a 15 minute break. When you take your breaks get completely away from the books. Go for a walk and by all means drink plenty of water and stay hydrated. The brain needs water and oxygen.

All the best to you Anna.

Photoread4me

Anna, if you know how to mindmap and are comfortable with it i would definitely recommend you do that as well.

Take care,

Photoread4me

OP Offline

Thank you very much! This sounds very sensible!

Anna

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved