Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hi
I have just started the level 1 for about 2 weeks now, but I cannot feel any difference, I am getting despondent. I do the sitting meditation at midday every day and always end with the ending exercises, I also do the active exercises later in the day every day. I have listened in to one of the group sessions too.
I am an artist with sciatica and a shoulder paint that is stopping me working. I have tried Osteopaths, etc etc etc. So came across SFQ and thought it sounded like the answer.

Please help me to see the 'light', I do believe that the mind can heal, I just cannot feel the Qi or any warmth etc.
Thanks in advance
I am UK based

Hello and welcome!!

You've come to the right place! We've got some great members on these forums, and I hope they add their awesome and insightful answers to this as well. I'll try to give you the 'no B.S., no ego answer' with a few "games" to try that will dramatically simplicity the healing process for you.

Sciatica sounds to me like some sort of 'crystallized' energy that is 'trapped' or 'blocked' in that particular spot. Instead of shrinking away from the pain, turn it into your object of meditation. How do we do this?

Well, let's go back to the 'basics' and go with "what are you made of?" simplistically speaking, you might respond with 'well, energy'. What then is the difference between mind, body, star systems, the earth, water, wind, etc, etc...they are all made of energy too. Even ideas and visualizations are made of energy. Energy contains instructions or information with it, it's not just 'doing something' the info contained within--IS it's behavior.

So how can we make sense out of this, and use it for practical purposes that will aid us in our daily life? First let's start off with a simple energy sensing exercise that I think will help...

Put your hands a few centimeters apart, and slightly open fingers, palms facing each-other... Relax and just 'visualize' or imagine that 'something' is jumping between your hands and connects an energy circuit. You could visualize 'light' or electricity like 'lightning' is smoothly connecting your hands together. You should feel *something* --this isn't a race, just take your time and give it a few minutes if you don't feel something right away that's okay too.

A subtle 'energy' feeling will come up, this is 'your field' or aura, it is quasi-electromagnetic in it's nature. Coming off of your fingers and hands, it should feel pretty smooth for the most part. You'll also notice, that your mind, is able to 'flow' between and through this energy and get a sense for it...

Now try the same thing for your shoulders, flow your mind into and through the area the feels uncomfortable (or dense) in your energy, try to "feel" the uncomfortableness--notice you've set up mental labels for it, but it also has information of it's own. (the original information that is the 'stuckness' of the pain or problem, AND the energy you've labeled it as)

Just notice the 'energy-labeled-as-pain', don't try and "get rid of it" --we already know that won't work, at least with lasting results. So, what else can we do?

Let's just "hang out with it" 'as energy'...

Simply 'hang out' with the 'energy-labeled-as-pain' by being in a state of emptiness (by just flowing or shining your mind through it's energy is usually more than enough)...

This (gently) forces the energy to change state. It has to do *something* but because we are not 'trying to change it' and are just 'hanging out with it' --the mind, starts "using UP" (almost as fuel) the energy you are looking at.

Why does this work so wonderfully well? Because you are thinking "from" the pain, and not "into" it.

~Z

OP Offline

Thank you so much, I was not expecting such a useful and purposeful answer. I will certainly work on that. I had (almost) come resigned to the fact that this was a faith thing and as I am a practical person it was not going to be of any help.

I will update on my progress when I have anything. BTW, when I said I feel no different, I did not mean that I don't feel anything. My hands do tingle when I meditate and I can feel 'something'. I suppose I was expecting more :-)

Originally Posted By: Madartist
Thank you so much, I was not expecting such a useful and purposeful answer. I will certainly work on that. I had (almost) come resigned to the fact that this was a faith thing and as I am a practical person it was not going to be of any help. I will update on my progress when I have anything.

Fantastic!! smile

Quote:

BTW, when I said I feel no different, I did not mean that I don't feel anything. My hands do tingle when I meditate and I can feel 'something'. I suppose I was expecting more :-)

Oh yeah, you are feeling 'something' alright. In fact, as you feel the 'emptiness' you are feeling EVERYTHING.
Typically, as you progress, you don't feel 'more' or 'stronger' energies... per se, as most would think. I've seen people become disappointed as they progressed and didn't feel the 'really strong' energy anymore and expected it to become 'MORE' and they gave up, just when they really started to make progress. They were feeling 'MORE' they were just looking at it 'incorrectly' (or differently than they 'expected')

However, your ability to sense finer and finer 'levels' *does* increase in intensity, thus you DO feel 'more' and 'stronger' energies. Yes, work with subtlety, there you will find the peaceful and the Absolute.

The 'emptiness' is the Quantum 'dissolved' state where ALL potentials exist simultaneously. Almost like when you make lemonade and the sugar dissolves into the water. Or we could almost see ourselves as 'ice cubes' (crystallized energy) floating in a Universal Ocean of possibilities. Both are 'water' (the ice and the ocean) in this example. By unifying our viewpoint, by seeing everything as the same 'thing', we remove the mental filter of 'separateness' and the abstract solutions arise.

When you blend with the 'emptiness' you're aligning your intention with Infinity. Connecting with 'God' if you will, or Spirit, or whatever concept you have, 'internal', etc. This alignment of will, is like geometrically aligning with a 'Higher symmetry' Mathematically--as if we are an 'obtuse shape' and are becoming 'even' or 'balanced' on all sides and areas of our life.

As Mr. Miyagi (Pat Morita) said in the motion picture 'The Karate Kid'
"When you feel life out of focus, always return to basic of life... ...breathing."

In meditation, as we blend with 'emptiness' by intending to align with the Universe and breathe smoothly--while visualizing our energy shining bright and pure--we connect with our Higher Self. In non-dualistic religious practices, all minds are joined as One. Quantum Science shows this, energy is Entangled and only Mind can 'observe' how this works--no 'external device' could ever be trained or programmed to 'perceive' it. One Mind, One Infinity, One Self-Absolute...of course, 'all "lesser" things are contained in this'.

In the Bible, it says "Be still, and know that I am God." well, now we can start to understand what this really means from a REAL and abstract viewpoint that we can use in our lives, and one not so esoteric and confusing 'that's only for the scholars and mystics.'

In the 'emptiness'--in YOU, there you will find all the answers you will EVER need. In the classical and physical universe, answers to problems are always concrete, 'outside of us' and specific. In the energy world, or quantum world--answers are smooth, effortless, abstract, and they often occur by 'looking within for a solution, by having a care-free attitude about the problem and by not *needing* to look outside for a solution'

It doesn't take long in meditation before we start to feel really good. (in time as we remove blockages and mental filters, it will 'explode' into Bliss or Nirvana) Chunyi's SFQ system, cuts short what would normally take decades or maybe even thousands of lifetimes to understand.

Even after just a few exercises...you are probably starting to get a really good picture of where this is leading. The good news is not only is there no 'bad news anymore' (the 'external' might try to tempt us otherwise), but you've also made really good choice to align your energy, this is one of the best times EVER to do so.

On Dec, 21 2012 we have a Galactic Alignment approaching, once every 26,000 years; the Earth, our Sun and the center of the Galaxy align perfectly. However, this year, we have two other Galaxies aligning with ours, synching up with the Local Cluster.
This is HUGE. This is Everything aligning with a 'higher dimensional symmetry' It's not really the 'physical alignment' that 'affects us' for the physical 3D/4D Universe of Time/Space is symbolic. However, it's the Energy World (Infinite Dimensions) that aligns, we 'see it' as a 'physical alignment' "out-there" which tells us what's happening within us.
The Energy World is limitless, 'it' consists of sensational, emotional, mental, celestial, astral, solar, sprit dimensions and beyond. The 'physical universe' you see, feel and experience on a 'day to day' basis, is symbolic to your alignment with the Energy World--God, your Spirit or the Self-Absolute.

On the Galactic Alignment, it seems that 'whatever you think is going to happen, will happen' Why else would people and gov'ts be telling others that 'nothing will happen' --because they want to maintain their 'personal power' (sucks to be them, they have no idea what they might miss, I hope they can change their mind and synchronize) What if they end up in "Nothing" because they thought "nothing will happen" and the mind took it literally?

Of course, we don't worry about these 'possible negetive scenarios' because, the really good news is that a 'Higher Mind' that exists beyond time/space is assisting in this, so no matter what, 'what no longer works, for the Whole' begins to fall away--including old energy patters, and beliefs.

Good luck in your training, and see ya' in Infinity!
You can count on that! wink

And as always if you have further questions, feel free to ask.
We'll be more than willing to assist in whatever way will work best for you at the 'symbolic time' of your asking.

~Z

Another great post, Zakyrus. Thanks, again!

David smile

OP Offline

Yes, thanks Zakyrus, I have tried the last two days, but have had to give up each sitting meditation as I could not stop yawning each time, so I have just done the active exercises followed by the ending exercises. When I stopped the Harmony of Universal Energy , I held my hands over my lower dantian for several minutes and my fingers had like pins and needles which then seemed to flow up to the base of my neck which tingled too, then my feet.

I am still working on the shoulder etc, but with no change yet
I won't give up :-)
C

Excellent.

Sounds like it's opening up already. Keep up the good work.

wink

~Z

Originally Posted By: Zakyrus
Excellent.

Sounds like it's opening up already. Keep up the good work.

wink

~Z
sounds good .

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved