Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#7769 03/20/05 05:43 PM
OP Offline

Hi,
I have just ordered some Paraliminal titles .
My question is :- Will I lose the essencial quality if convert them to MP3 ?
Or if I do a straight digital transfer to my player ?
I travel and so all my music is Mp3
It is possible to transfer straight "one for one" and use as such.
Please advise

#7770 03/21/05 01:44 AM
Learning Strategies Admin

If you compress them the usual rate music is compressed to MP3 then yes, you will lose some of the effectiveness. The Holosync soundtrack becomes redundant but the Paraliminals will still work if you have retained the stereo soundtrack. How much of the Holosync you lose depends on how they are compressed. If you save as a 256 bitrate you will retain higher fidelity but this bitrate is rejected by some CD players if you are intending to burn them onto one CD.

Then it also depends on which compression method you use VBR, CBR or AVR. VBR is the best choice for something that has an entrainment soundtrack.

When you convert to MP3 another factor to watch is the stereo soundtrack. You want to keep the left and right channels separate for true effectiveness of the Paraliminals.

How much you lose depends on how much you compress. Less is best.

Alex

#7771 03/22/05 04:54 PM
OP Offline

Thank you for the info Alex.
will concider.

#7772 03/25/05 07:59 PM

I'm not a "Techie" so I have no idea of transfer rates etc.

I would like to do a straight CD "burn" of the Titles that have an "A" and "B" side to put them on separate Discs, and then add 3 runs of the Tract 3 in the center to extend the length.

Will I loss any quality by doing this

#7773 03/26/05 04:56 AM

A straight burn should produce little or no loss. There is the possibility of error with skipped data caused by the burning equipment and the equability of the recording equipment or screen saver kicking in while you are recording. Since no compression is involved the results should be the closest to the original that can expected when not using professional equipment.

Naturally I avoid using the computer when burning. To get the best possible result. I know most software these days say you can keep working, you can wind up with little skips that are distracting, cause by resources being too low for just a moment. Not detrimental to the overall recording but sometimes enough to be annoying. Even to burn Photos to disk I turn off screen saver, any programs that run timed checks, MSN and Internet browsers (emails and explorers). In the end the only thing running is the burn program. Set to burn and go to make myself a cup of coffee. I also do my burns after a start up to ensure resources are available, closing programs does not return all the resources for a while. It just burns faster and better after a fresh start up

Alex

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved