Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#79586 04/16/12 10:09 PM
OP Offline

Dr. Win Wenger mentions taking about 6 minutes to write out the over the wall image stream. Sometimes I have to write out several pages of stuff, takes allot longer than 6 minutes. I am wondering if I am meant to consciously limit my concentration to one object per scene? Or do I just need a better, faster and more space efficient way of writing out the image stream? I might be able to use mind mapping now, just started a new visual diary.

I definitely find that main mapping is the way to "record" my images. That way I have greater access to the non-conscious mind--having a quick hook for my memory. Keep experimenting.

Learning Strategies Admin

I avoid transcribing the image stream word for word, and look for key words, feelings and impressions. Write a short sentence and then look at the meaning of those words to me. I too would find writing it all out time consuming and redundant as I have the recording. Debriefing is making note of what is important, what you learned from the streams.

Alex

OP Offline

Awesome. I've just started a new visual diary and it is being filled with pretty mind maps, rather than ugly, messy notes. I learned of mind maps years ago but could not use them until now, this could be evidence that image streaming is increasing my intelligence.

So I need to use think tank to categorize the meaning of each and every object that my imagination produces? As I do this each time I question the meaning of an object I get new objects to categorize and not necessarily any clarification on the meaning of the original image that I need to interpret. I'm remembering to enjoy the process, its all fun but the code is getting rather extensive and not much of it is cracked, nor do I have much faith in my interpretations.

I'm sure there'll be a way out of this tunnel but any advice would be welcome.

I can tell you what worked for me.

I did 3 image streams for the one question.

I debriefed each one individually. There I looked at key words, example I might have used the words "lush grass", I look at why I used the word lush because there are many other words that could have described the grass, so what does lush mean to me, extravagant, luxurious, slack, loose (note they aren't necessarily the dictionary meanings, the meaning and slang relate to me how I grew up relating to the word. Hence the code of the mind) To me lush most strongly means slack or extravagant more of a detrimental word which is why I would look at my use of it in the flow of an image stream. Because I could have used vibrant, flowing, wild, long... so here is the word lush.

Looking for those sort of hooks and cues during my debrief.

I don't normally get a full answer from a single image stream. That's why I do three.

Then I look at common, feelings, sensation, meanings (cue words)I usually get some sort of message. I wrote that message, which was a sentence or two down. It took me about 2 weeks with the high think tank before I saw my answers being clear and relevant to my questions. The key was looking for what the three image streams seemed to be saying that was the same.

So from all three image streams I might write something like "cut yourself some slack" Then look at the question. (yes I write an answer before I look at the random question I pulled for the HTT). Then I explore the answer against the question.

Alex

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved