Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I am embarking on a path of Jungian Analytical Studies.

There is a daunting or exciting number of books (depending on viewpoint) requiring their reading. If a person started chronologically reading Jung's materials one would discover alterations in Dr. Jung's thinking (so I am told).

If I followed Photoreading techniques precisely what would be the result? How would I feel about the information? What would be my level of "book learning"?

I acknowledge the "from left field" nature of this question. Other than mathematics I have never excelled (aceing the material) at an academic endeavor although I was considered a good student.

Ideally I'd love an intuitive understanding of the works of Jung with a comprehension of the historical evolution.

What do you think?

Learning Strategies Admin

Try it an see.

Reading, like living life is a personal experience.

An example I've been told I should watch certain film. The person telling me explains why I should watch it and how "deep and meaningful it is".

So I watch the film and yeah, the film was deep but not as deep to me as to the one who recommended the movie to me. To me it was ordinary. Does that mean I missed something? In this case I can tell you for sure, no. The person recommending the film was not at the same level of interest in the subject as I. I could see what he got but it's something I learned a long time ago.

Don't be disappointed if you don't see what "they" suggest you would see. Stand on your own ladder and explore from there, avoid trying to jump onto their ladder without first integrating the information for yourself.

Above all have fun with it.

When you are really learning, you are having fun. It feels like play If it's a struggle you can bet you've taken yourself out of the learning mode and found another chore.

With your challenge, I would grab my sketch book, for mind mapping and apply the 5 day test to each book. Afterwards depending on my purpose I would consider doing a syntopic mind map. Keeping it light, keeping it fun.

Alex

OP Offline

Originally Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus
Try it an see.

Reading, like living life is a personal experience.

An example I've been told I should watch certain film. The person telling me explains why I should watch it and how "deep and meaningful it is".

So I watch the film and yeah, the film was deep but not as deep to me as to the one who recommended the movie to me. To me it was ordinary. Does that mean I missed something? In this case I can tell you for sure, no. The person recommending the film was not at the same level of interest in the subject as I. I could see what he got but it's something I learned a long time ago.

Don't be disappointed if you don't see what "they" suggest you would see. Stand on your own ladder and explore from there, avoid trying to jump onto their ladder without first integrating the information for yourself.

Above all have fun with it.

When you are really learning, you are having fun. It feels like play If it's a struggle you can bet you've taken yourself out of the learning mode and found another chore.

With your challenge, I would grab my sketch book, for mind mapping and apply the 5 day test to each book. Afterwards depending on my purpose I would consider doing a syntopic mind map. Keeping it light, keeping it fun.

Alex

Thank you for this. I will "try it" as soon as I receive the order.

A number of years ago I worked on an earlier version of Photoreading. (Do not know why I stopped. Maybe Analysis will provide answers). However when performing the Dictionary exercise I felt in an altered state/spiritual/out of body/transcendent/in flow/mystical. it was a remarkable event. Only a few times in my life have I experienced this delicious feeling. Most of the time as a young man in athletics.

I have more thoughts but will leave this for now.

Alex you really know your stuff. Your explanations are elegant and informative.

I am glad you are here.

Take care

It's funny how that "altered state" starts feeling "normal" and we keep looking for it not realising we already have it. And in our search we create barriers to what we already have the knowledge and skills to access easily.

In other words. If you play the dictionary game now it's a good likelihood that you miss the "altered state" feeling. That doesn't mean you've done it wrong. It means the feeling has become like a comfortable pair of shoes. Just normal.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved