Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#7781 03/23/05 09:15 PM
SubZero Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi, I need a little clarification on when to use side a or side b for the belief paraliminal.

Say that I want to create the belief that people like me. Would I first need to use side a to remove the current belief that 'people don't like me', and then later use side b to install the belief: 'people like me'? Or could I just use only side b to create that belief, and it would nullify the limiting belief? Thanks.

#7782 03/24/05 12:49 AM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Sometimes just adding a new belief is all you need. So I would just use side be.

When I know that I have a powerful belief that is working against me ... Call it the I can'ts because... then I would first use part A because that is a belief that obviously needs changing.

For a belief "people don't like me" well it's not really a false belief, there probably are some people who don't like me. I'd save myself the time and go to straight to part B.

If I am saying, nobody ever likes me, because I'm no good. Side A... It means I have an all or nothing belief playing out that is definitely not helping me and needs changing. If I'm saying, 'some people don't like me because', then it's possibly true and I can easily work with just side B to develop the belief , people do like me and I can have a good relationship with them. Focusing on the why I want the belief, 'that people like me... because I am a good person.' for example.

If the belief you are working with will still be true sometimes. Don't try changing it. Work on adopting the belief that would serve you better.

If the belief has an all or nothing power to it. Then it needs changing first.

Even if you listen to side B first and discover your desired belief isn't taking hold because you have some as yet unidentified beliefs running in the background. You can always come back to Part A to work them through when you find them.

Alex

#7783 03/24/05 04:58 AM
SubZero Offline OP
OP Offline

Ah, great insight Alex! I'll use side b for a few beliefs I wish to install and then if I feel a belief is in the way of the installing I'll look into side a.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved