Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Adak Offline OP
OP Offline

Good afternoon -

I'm fairly new to SFQ (started doing SFQ day 81of a 100 days of qigong session). I've since started my second 100 day stretch (on day 24) and I'm just using SFQ.

I've had some wonderful success and changes happen, but one that is puzzling and I'd like to banish it from my life.

I was diagnosed with sleep apnea in August 2010. It's been fairly well controlled with my CPAP (nightly AHI scores generally under 2.0). On occasion the score has popped up higher, but I could generally find a new herb or supplement (from my acupuncturist) causing the issue and stopping the herb, supplement or food would lower the AHI.

This time I'm not able to figure that out. SFQ is the only other major change I've made. I did pose a question after a SFQ call and the reply that I got was that things can get worse before they get better.

During a morning qigong session, I learned what the source of my apnea was. The following week during a group healing call with Master Li I felt a large blockage removed on the right side if my jaw and throat.

Currently, the my CPAP machinr considers the higher AHI scores to be primarily central apnea events and not the obstructive events I've had in the past.

Is there something I can focus on during meditations and active exercise to let go of whatever blockages my body is holding on to?

Thanks,
Adak

U

"Is there something I can focus on during meditations and active exercise to let go of whatever blockages my body is holding on to?"

Take a few moments to contemplate the energy labeled as "sleep apnea" and also let the "problems" with it arise in your mind. Notice how when you watch them there is the energy (feeling) that comes up, as well as the fact there is an observer looking at the energy. Then the observer changes to something like "I want it gone" but that re-enforces it because you have to know 'what' you 'want gone.' With me so far?

You seem to have gotten caught in a loop. That's okay, accept that 'fact' for now. However, energy arises with mind to give it something to observe. Then another energy arises with mind to give it something to observe. You as an Eternal Spirit (the Watcher or Witness of the energy/mind dyad) have been taking the energy labeled as a problem, and then made another energy/observer and *linked it* to the previous energy/observer. In this case "Sleep Apnea(Energy)--the feeling that comes up when thinking about it and the Mind(observing that)." The next that arises is "I want it gone(Energy)--and Mind(observing it)."

It seems like our "everyday life" is like a motion picture where each energy/observer that arises chains to the previous set, almost like frames in a movie. This is quite alright, yet we tend to get ourselves caught in a loop where "old problems" return in a cycle--in order to teach us lessons we overlooked or forgotten.

Spirit, the Unchangeable Eternal within You--it's Origins are Wholeness, is watching this like a movie. The Ultimate You cannot be affected by this world, for it is Essence *Beyond Energy*. Mind is emptiness, energy is emptiness condensed into form. (doesn't necessarily mean that the 'form' has to be physical or solid) Knowing that you are perfectly safe, free of all problems...gently, and lovingly take a look at the energy that comes up with ideas like "sleep apnea" and "I want it gone"
Observe them *AS ENERGY* *AS EMPTINESS* don't to change them or get rid of them, that'll just 'make more' observers/energy reactions, of 'trying to get rid of it.

In other words, when you think 'into it' by making it real, you add energy into the problem and it never really goes away. By 'seeing' the "problem" (and feelings that come up AND the 'observer state' that arises with it) as energy, as emptiness, ***and having no intention to get rid of it***, other than just watching them, the energy -shines itself away-. How about that?

In short, this is because your Soul and Spirit, which are thought-systems 'higher than mind' can "love them away".. Be loving, be pure of heart--everything you need is within you.

~Z

Last edited by Zakyrus; 05/27/12 12:34 AM.

Quote:
In other words, when you think 'into it' by making it real, you add energy into the problem and it never really goes away. By 'seeing' the "problem" (and feelings that come up AND the 'observer state' that arises with it) as energy, as emptiness, ***and having no intention to get rid of it***, other than just watching them, the energy -shines itself away-. How about that?

Great post, ~Z! Thanks!

David smile

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved