Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Originally Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus
BraxtonJr,

I need to leave explaining my mantra for another time. Perhaps start a new thread for me. Makes it easier for everyone to find later.

Your comment about using logic to find answers is interesting. How did you know you knew it or not before PhotoReading the book? I find that one of the major challenges. I have been fortunate in having a brilliant before and after experience. It was in hindsight that I realised just how challenging it is to tag and prove how we acquired our knowledge. Simply, we cannot.

There was never a moment when we knew how we understood that 2+2=4 and it isn't just an idea. Or the moment that NO! became a word that meant "you might think I'm going to bed but I'm not." Around the age of two... think about it. How did you work that out?

Have you ever noticed that no one can explain how you stand up and walk yet we figured it out, or riding a bike or skates? Sure some things we can be taught to a degree yet it's something we aren't conscious of that finally figures it out.

So logic? Where did it come from? Can you guarantee it wasn't there before?

Like I mentioned I has a unique before and after experience and I didn't recognise it at the time. It was only the next day that I remembered the before.

Back in 2002 someone asked me to help them with their homework assignment. Scanned a copy of the instructions from the teacher and said, "What does the teacher want to know from me?"

I read the assignment and my mind screamed, no way, No I'm not doing this. I left school ages ago I don't have a pinky clue what this assignment is about. And back out the door it did.

"Um, you know I have a dinner appointment and I haven't got the time for this right now. I've got a couple of books on the subject someone left behind, I'll PhotoRead those and get back to you about it."

So there you have it I freaked and didn't have a clue how to address the question, no clue what the teacher wanted and lucky I did have a dinner date to meet my brother for his birthday dinner. Phew.

I got back and grabbed a book from the bookshelf that seemed to fit the subject. Put the book next to me at the computer and waited for my friend to get back to me and throw some questions at me (mind probing questions don't only have to come from you so textbooks often have good questions thrown in.)

Four hours later it was midnight and my friend decided it's too late to start on the assignment which was due that day. Fine by me. After finding out I was waiting for him the last four hours he asked, so what did the teacher want. I looked at the question again and started writing. Answering a couple of minor questions but mostly the ideas the teacher wanted covered from the assignment. In 40 minutes I provided enough information for him to write the 1000 word essay. I learned it scored 17 out of 20 he lost marks for not having the format the teacher instructed but content was brilliant. (no way I wrote the 1000 words in MSN for him he had to elaborate and went the opposite direction I would have taken.)

It wasn't until the following day I noticed the before and after snap shot of my experience. It seemed like I was answering questions from my personal knowledge base. And I was. It just wasn't there before I PhotoRead the book. To me my answers seemed logical and to boot. I never did open that book again. I just started answering.

What I'm saying is, don't knock it. Your logic is yours, how you acquired it? Who knows.

Purpose versed Goals

Goal is a destination or ultimate outcome. Usually takes some actions and time to get there.

Purpose is the method and why you chose that way to get there. The choice of actions and directions you'll take in order to get to your goal.

For example a goal/destination to get to Timbuktu.

Purpose is why do you want to get there? You might also have some sub goals along the way to see some points of interest. Seeing those points of interest become part of your purpose. What route will you take to satisfy those whys to reach the sub goals and then the ultimate goal?

So your ultimate goal might be to be a teacher.

Your purpose, So that I can teach... [what it is you want to teach] And since you cannot jump from being a teacher of significance from one day to the next there are going to be sub goals [learn x to get qualifications, do z for experience for example] which are part of the greater purpose and probably have a purpose.

Your purpose is simply your reason why you are doing something this way instead of that to reach your goal.

Alex

Alex this is the most beautiful post on how photoreading works ever. Because this is what happens to me all the time. I remember hearing at a NLP seminar "NLP is the concepts and methodologies that lead to the trail of techniques called NLP"

I feel as if what photoreading gives you is the concepts and methodologies behind whatever it is you are photoreading so that you can understand it on a fundamental level instead of just understanding the information photoread. And I believe that is exactly what you just said. It is the most beautiful thing ever because I experience the same thing. I photoread a book and then afterwords I simply understand so easily what it is that is TRULY being taught here. I mind map and at the end the information is so easily formed within my mind and if I forget I just relook over the mind map.

Photoread information doesn't pop up randomly it feels as if the logic you already have and I think your example of this was beautiful.

I LOVE your success story as well because I have a theory that says the more you want to DO something definite with what you photoread the better your results are. Everytime I say "I want to DO this activity right here that is tomorrow at this time or this DEFINITE activity that's going to happen" my photoreading ability helps me out. I believe it's because the subconscious mind responds to what you want it to do and you say you are and I believe the photoreading book states this clearly.

Your post is great.

Where does the logic come from? it comes from WITHIN!

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Originally Posted By: INFINITE LIGHT

Where does the logic come from? it comes from WITHIN!

And how does it get there?

The year Paul introduced PhotoReading. The Japanese had a device for flipping the pages of the books into your eyes. They determined that perhaps with the device you could probably install the 4 million books from the London Library into your head in 1 year.

Yet with the limited capacity of the conscious mind it would take 400 centuries (400 x 100 years) to understand it or access it. (that was in 1986)

Now they point out that the brain is processing some 2 trillian bits of information a second and yet consciously we might be aware of 2000 bits.

Your conscious mind tends to focus on what you think about most. Which is why the statement, whether you think you can or think you can't, you are right.

If you're having trouble with any aspect of the steps of the system and obtain some advise, don't, try. Instead, just give it a go and see what happens.

Alex

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved