Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Koco Offline OP
OP Offline

I don't know if this subject has been brought up before or not, as I only got through 20 pages of posts, but I am wondering if anyone out there is a Christian who uses the paraliminals? I ordered and received the paraliminals from UYM, but haven't even opened the package, yet, since I'm not sure whether I should send them back or not. I have a certain amount of hesitation in entering the paraliminal arena as a regular practice.
I couldn't even do some of the sessions of UYM because I couldn't address a particular goal for them. They got me to thinking, though, that I have a lot of work to be done within myself. But, I'm not sure if using paraliminals is "leaning on the arm of flesh" in place of having faith in my Lord. But, then, even Christians turn to psychologists, psychiatrists, etc, when in need of help, so I guess help from this source might be acceptable.
However, I hear people talking about things, such as "the big bang theory", "evolution", "no one is getting out alive", etc. My beliefs don't include any of those ideas. So, I guess my question is this: does using paraliminals preclude believing in those ideas or is it as has been mentioned in the fests, that this is not a religion but merely a practice... but then what is the difference? Isn't a religion anything done "religiously"? I have so many questions! Does anyone have any answers for me?

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

The Paraliminals go with whatever faith you have. You're not required to change your personal values. They invite you to tap the abilities and resources already within you to live your faith.

It's a practice, the same as learning to tie your shoes, preparing a meal is. It's what you want.

I think that's the main thing about Paraliminals, They are you. They don't make you become someone else or someone you are not. They help you to reach in and be you. What you get out of them is what you are willing to reach within yourself and bring out. And everyone does that at their own pace from their own place of readiness.

They don't ask or try to change your beliefs. They are a tool for getting to where you want to be.

Alex

Koco Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank-you, Alex. That helps. After sleeping on it, then reading your reply, I realize that what you are saying is right.
This is a hard road that I'm entering on, though. Finding another human being with like beliefs as myself will be very difficult. My group that I meet with every week wouldn't understand these paraliminals at all (they would call them "hypnotism", which is taboo), and those who use the paraliminals wouldn't understand my beliefs, because they are rather obscure, beings that I and those I meet with don't go to "church", but rely on God (through various modes) to bring us to greater light. Well, I guess I will have to step up the faith factor and just continue on! (I do have the spiritual companionship of the agencies of Heaven, however, so actually, there's quite a crowd with that... so what am I complaining about??) Well, onward and upward! smile
Many blessings, Alex!

Originally Posted By: Koco

This is a hard road that I'm entering on, though. Finding another human being with like beliefs as myself will be very difficult.

You found one now me :-}. I been using paraliminals for years and they have been a blessing. I do not suggest telling other church members . I highly suggest you study Hypnosis and NLP because once you learn it you will be able to point out Churches using undercover cult practices . There are bunches of fake churches out there which I'm not going to get into because I was pretty much banned from one because I was not accepting them because I knew it was a con artist running the Church. The sad part is was exposed shortly after I knew he was a con after 3 days and these members been sitting under him for 10 years who argued with me.

Hi Koco I am new to this forum and to paraliminals too. Have invested in UYM because I listened and they resonated well with me. I was born a buddhist but converted to Catholicism and am at home with both religions.
Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't God help those who help themselves, so what is wrong with helping yourself with the UYM programme?
I believe by helping yourself to be a better person, you are in your own way, making the world a little bit better. Doesn't the principles of all major religion advocate that? So go on be brave, listen to the paraliminals and change for the better.

Last edited by Lady Leo; 07/05/12 08:58 PM.
Koco Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi CPW1,

I so appreciate your message! I, too, realize that some churches are false churches, or may have known the truth at some point but have turned away from it. That is the case with the church I used to attend. It has the truth available to it, but they reject new light, even though it is mentioned in the Bible. We (me and the people I have been meeting with) have come to accept new light and we pretty much have either left or been thrown out of the same denomination. I feel pretty certain that we all still have preconceived ideas that get in the way of our spiritual progress, but at least we are working on them. I won't be sharing the paraliminals with them, though, because I just can't take the criticism at this point.

I want to follow the Lord more closely, ever leaning more upon Him. I figure if I can settle some of the "inner noise" I continually have to listen to, I will be able to hear His "still, small voice" more clearly, which is why I decided to go with the UYM sessions and buy the ones they used. (I can't really afford to buy the whole BIG set, so these will have to do for now.)

Thanks so much for the encouragement! I will continue to use these paraliminals and hopefully learn HOW to use them most effectively. Keep me posted of your progress and any tips you might come across, and I will do the same.

Many blessings to you in your walk!

Last edited by Koco; 07/10/12 06:34 PM. Reason: I wanted to address it to the person I am replying to.
Koco Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Lady Lee,

Just out of curiosity, why did you convert from Buddhism to Catholicism? I realize there are basic ideas that are used in all major religions, a common thread of understanding. But, there is also a very fine line between truth and error, and error can masquerade as truth, so it is important to know the difference. (There can't be a counterfeit without a truth.)

I appreciate your encouragement. I'm not sure that the saying about God helping those who help themselves is really anything that comes from sacred script, but more just a saying that people use commonly. I'm not sure I believe that it is true. It seems to me that God helps those who look to Him for help; Jesus is "a very present help" to those that love the Lord, the psalms are full of verses that talk about turning to Him in time of need, and the Bible is full of stories that show how God has helped those who turned to Him in time of need, so I think it's more about learning to lean on Him than on the arm of flesh, on our own ability.

I do think these paraliminals can help me to get rid of unhelpful noise, mind-chatter, that keep me from thinking clearly, though, so I can hear God's voice more clearly in the quietness, hear His counsel. So, that's what I am looking for from them.

I wish you much success and blessing in your use of the paraliminals, and I hope we can compare notes as we go along, sharing our joys and tips that we discover.

Many blesslings!

Hi Koko

I too have strong Christian beliefs and I don't know enough about paraliminals to make a comparison to hypnosis etc. So in the meantime until new information comes to light for me, I have chosen to select what I consider to be 'safe' mp3s such as the Sleep Deeply mp3 and the Abundance mp3.

We all need to go to the doctors from time to time and we all need to provide for ourselves too so that is how I look at it. For now that is!

Koco Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Sha68,

I've struggled with the idea of using paraliminals, because it's kind of like hypnosis, but different in that they don't "make" you do anything against your own will or values, but In experimenting with their use I find that some of them make me feel better, somehow, but some make me feel kind of distracted. I think the ones that require you to state something specific to work on are the ones that leave me feeling distracted. I can't seem to figure out what it is that needs work, or I start with an idea, but it keeps changing as the session goes along. I just need to find some alone time to delve into it and figure it out beforehand.
I've searched for years for something that would help me get a better grip on life; in religions, in self-help books and newsletters, etc. I finally came back to Christianity in 1980 and truly feel that Jesus IS the Way, the Truth and the Light. I've still had issues to deal with, even though some were answered through God's word. I find that with the paraliminals, the ones that make me feel better are a nice change from how I have felt in the past. I actually think I have a closer walk with the Lord, or at least am able to feel that "peace that surpasseth understanding" more. I hope I'm not fooling myself about this.
One thing that has helped me with the idea of using paraliminals is the verse in 2 Cor. 10:5 that talks about bringing all things to the subjection of Christ. So, I am thinking that if I can focus on Jesus while I am listening to the paraliminal, by praising Him for being with me and for healing my mind and heart, that He will be there and that I can have faith in His presence and all the good things that come with Him, like healing and uplifting. Knowing that He loves me, I have faith that He will honor my looking to Him within the use of the paraliminal.
Does that make sense? Jesus is my Best Friend, my Saviour, my all in all, so I hope my logic isn't lacking here.

Koco Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Shaq 68,
How are you doing with your paraliminals? Just wondering if you have any new ideas or questions about using them since you've had your 2 paraliminals for a little bit now. Are you enjoying them? Do you feel they are helping you? Just wondering. I've been a bit conflicted about using them, so am seeking to understand how others find their own experience with them. So, what do you think?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved