Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Karim Offline OP
OP Offline

I purchased the Euphoria course and Qigong Paraliminals (Faith & Confidence and Consistent Practice) last year and practiced the SFQ meditation exercise in the course consistently for several months. At the beginning of this year, I purchased the Deluxe Spring Forest Qigong course. I've been using the Self-Concentration sitting meditation ever since. Gratefully, my practice has transformed my life.

When I tried practicing the active exercises, however, I found them to be a challenge, much because I've been used to the sitting meditation all this time.

I do recall what a challenge it was to integrate the sitting meditation into my daily practice when I first started doing it. Now, I'm comfortable doing it everyday.

I'm trying to motivate myself to invest the time and energy to do the full SFQ course and learn the active exercises and would like to know how the benefits of active exercises compare with the sitting meditations.

I derive significant benefit from my daily Self-Concentration sitting meditation, which I do once or twice a day and sometimes more. I am healthy and energetic and have a wonderful sense of well-being, thanks to my work with Paul Scheele's Paraliminals. But, seen differently, that's quite a roadblock to my growth in Spring Forest Qigong because it keeps me in my comfort zone and leaves me without desire or inspiration to learn more and improve my practice.

Please enlighten me to the specific benefits active exercises offer as compared to sitting meditations, so I can motivate myself to do the full SFQ course, overcome the challenges I'll face in learning the active exercises and integrate the course into my daily practice.

Thank you.

Meditation == Active Exercises.

Think of each as a Yin/Yang aspect, both will balance your Yin & Yang, but one will work on an aspect a little more than the other.

Meditation will balance your Yin/Yang from a more 'passive' (Yin) point and Focus/Concentration & Mental 'Power' is a little more emphasized here, whereas Active Exercise balances Yin/Yang from a more 'active' (Yang) point and Healing & Physical 'Power' emphasized here.

It's almost necessary to do both to progress to 'higher' "levels" (though there are no absolutes, save for Oneness/Emptiness). If you're serious about learning to heal others, you'd definitely want to do the Exercises, since the Level 2 Healing 'techniques' are more 'active' based. (if that makes sense)

~Z

Karim Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you very much, Zakyrus. I was looking for just such an answer because I'm now able to understand why my mental state improves significantly after a sitting meditation.

I'm curious about something. Would the active component of Spring Forest Qigong reduce or eliminate the need for physical exercise or do we need both. From a time management point of view, doing both would be very time-consuming, but I'd like to know if SFQ active exercises can eliminate the need for mainstream physical activity. Also, can the active exercises of SFQ help in weight loss endeavors, and if so, to what degree?

Thank you once again.

"I'm curious about something. Would the active component of Spring Forest Qigong reduce or eliminate the need for physical exercise or do we need both."

Oh yes. There times where I'd ride bike 20 miles in a day for a week straight, (and didn't practice) then I did 20 minutes of Qigong and I felt more balanced and fit, than I did all week.

The important part is to open and keep the energy flowing, which physical exercises does to an extent, though it's usually more muscle based exercise than Qi based. Physical Exercise is good, as long as the exercises are light and simple and repetitive rather than strenuous and you feel "laid out" afterwards. SFQ Active Exercises, not only balance your Qi but your muscle energy as well(depending on the exercises), It doesn't boost as much "muscle power" as much as physical, but practitioners would notice they would have "more physical power" in general, than when they would just do physical exercise.

However, they do go together pretty well, Active Exercises can be a substitute for physical exercises just like Meditation can be a partial substitute for sleep. Some people that meditate sleep for 2, 3 or 4 hours and they are totally fine (though some of the stories I've read, they would balance it with active exercise, to get an energy boost for the day)

I get redundant at times, so in short: do the Active Exercises, and cut down on your exercise time (but still get a little bit in now and then) This is just a suggestion after all, and every body is slightly different, so play around with doing both one day in short sessions, and see how you like it and find a good practice 'set' that works for you.

~Z

Last edited by Zakyrus; 07/26/12 04:39 AM.
Karim Offline OP
OP Offline

Great news, Zakyrus. I'm now practicing the Active Exercise everyday. I just received insight that I don't have to be standing while doing the active exercises. That was it! I felt so euphoric after my first experience, I'm practicing them consistently everyday. Recently, I even did them while standing and bending my knees significantly. My Mom and sister began to wonder about my bear belly... I couldn't believe myself. I'm also avoiding breads and other foods that consume too much energy for digestion. I listen to the Consistent Practice Paraliminal everyday to strengthen my commitment and go deeper into the emptiness. Thank you for helping me dissolve my internal resistance. I've finally opened up to a whole new quality of life, thanks to your inspiring suggestions.

Excellent. Glad you're doing great. Just think, in time you'll probably gain so much strength, that not only will you want to stand up for the Active Exercises, but you'll be so joyful and grateful to Inner Self for being able to do so, by merely taking the effort and time to practice this very special QiGong. Contemplate how wonderful you feel now, and understand that this good feeling, is just the beginning...just the tip of the iceberg. wink

~Z

Karim Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you so much... That's exactly my desire. I want to believe that I haven't even scratched the surface and yet I've derived significant benefits from practicing active exercise. I'm now striving to practice them for an hour everyday. I feel a significant difference in my energy level, my ability to focus and quality of life. I feel I have the wizard's wand in my life with Paul Scheele's Paraliminals, but what I do know is that my Paraliminals work so effectively because of my consistent Spring Forest Qigong practice. I know that Paraliminals are the foundation for my ongoing success in life and Spring Forest Qigong is the foundation on which they work. Would you recommend I purchase the Wisdom and Insight DVDs at this point to take my practice to the next level?

Wonderful.

While I haven't actually acquired the Wisdom and Insight DVDs personally(I might have to check that out), I'd say give em a try, and let me know.

However, I would highly recommend going to Level 2 if you haven't yet. You won't be disappointed!! smile

Love and Light
~Z

Karim Offline OP
OP Offline

Zakyrus,

I may have jumped the gun too far.

I was doing one hour of active exercise everyday. A few days down the road, I noticed a strange phenomenon.

After 30-40 minutes of finishing the active exercise, I would find my energy draining @ great speed.

I even passed out one day.

I called my coach @ Learning Strategies and they suggested that I might not be getting enough sleep.

But, that wasn't the case, as I experienced this condition even after a good night's sleep.

I decided to stop doing the active exercise and went back to sitting meditation.

Later, I got the idea of consuming eggs (especially egg whites) after 30 minutes of an active exercise session.

I resumed my active exercise sessions after several weeks and reduced my sessions to 30 minutes only.

I also started consuming an egg yolk and 3-6 egg whites after my active exercise sessions.

After my protein meal, I would listen to the Consistent Practice or the Faith & Confidence-A Paraliminals to further replenish my energy.

Nowadays, I listen to The Fourth Path Paraliminal from my Abundance For Life course to replenish my energy.

I would never feel so drained as to panic after a sitting meditation. Yet, I won't stop doing the active exercise anymore as there is a world of difference in the degree of healing I receive after an active exercise session than what I experience after a sitting meditation only.

What I actually noticed is that I can reach great depth in my sitting meditations later during the day after an active exercise session in the morning.

What's amazing is that practicing the active exercise everyday ended up rewarding me in ways I couldn't have predicted.

I was able to achieve a breakthrough in my meditation skills and my world improved dramatically as a result.

I have the entire Paraliminal library and I also own the Natural Brilliance and Abundance For Life courses.

Until I started practicing active exercise everyday, I would too frequently experience debilitating anxiety after my meditations, and I felt handicapped.

For example, I wasn't able to use The Fourth Path Paraliminal on a regular basis. I would experience too much anxiety right after the session.

I think practicing the active exercise everyday opened my energy channels. I can now listen to The Fourth Path Paraliminal several times a day everyday and not feel anxious at all. In fact, I love it! I believe that this revolution alone is worth its weight in gold. I can now undo trances of lack and limitation at will and live life on my own terms, and I wouldn't trade that freedom for anything.

Even my Natural Brilliance Paraliminals and all the other Paraliminals that I'd thought I'd mastered now work so much better, I willingly do the active exercise everyday and whatever it takes to replenish my energy afterwards.

I am curious why I lose so much energy after the active exercise. During the active exercise session, my energy channels open and I feel great. I achieve significant healing, but a lot of energy is used after the fact. How unusual is this? What can I do to overcome this condition?

Apparently, I also lose a lot of energy doing physical chores like cleaning the room.

The Fourth Path Paraliminal is a great energizer, so I'm getting by. But, I'd like to find a permanent solution.

Also, I'm curious if taking a painkiller before the active exercise on days when my energy is just too low might be okay.

Thank you,
Karim

Hi Karim! Zak hasn't posted in a while.

Recently, I had the same experience as well, I could feel my Qi being drained from my KD-1 Point or Bubbling Springs in the bottom of my feet. The energy protection from level 2 helped me, you just put your index fingers and thumbs and call the Master's energy for protection. Dragon & Tiger Qigong and Primordial Qigong also helped me build some of the lost juice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved