Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
RCT Offline OP
OP Offline

When doing the Small Universe meditation, I usually fall asleep after the 3rd or 4th round - therefore I am not awake for the ending exercises (rubbing hands, cupping the head, turning the neck, etc). Does it somehow compromise the full benefits of the meditation if I don't do the ending part?

Tks!

RCT

My guess is that you haven't developed the tolerance to stay at the alpha level (brain waves) to continue to the end. Are you lying down to do this exercise or are you sitting up straight without leaning against the back of the chair as suggested in the video?

The purpose of the ending exercises is to harvest the chi. Maybe you could focus on the active exercises instead and slowly develop a tolerance for the meditation.

RCT Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you for your reply, drummerxyz!

Originally Posted By: drummerxyz
Are you lying down to do this exercise or are you sitting up straight without leaning against the back of the chair as suggested in the video?

I lie down, as it's also suggested. It feels good! smile I do the active exercises during the day, and the Small Universe at night. If it's really so crucial to do the ending exercises (and that's the confirmation I am looking for), then I will have to start doing it sitting up! frown

Originally Posted By: drummerxyz
The purpose of the ending exercises is to harvest the chi.

Right, and my question is: how much do I lose if I don't harvest chi? Does that mean that all the meditation before the end will get lost (in terms of benefits) if we don't harvest chi? If I remember well, Chunyi says in one of the CDs that even if we sleep our subconscious is still receiving the message. But I am not sure if that also applies to the ending exercises, that are somehow physical. I guess I'd still have chi... but as it's only a guess, I am looking for more precise information.

Thank you!

I don't think you'll lose chi if you don't do the ending exercises. The ending exercises help us get out of the state of meditation as well as bringing into better balance our energy. You may be using this as a tool to fall asleep. I think that's fine. Over time, you'll probably gain more tolerance and be in a state of conscious mindfulness and be awake to finish off with the ending exercises.

Sleep is a natural meditation anyways. --though the meditation we are learning is more 'active' in the sense we learn how the Spirit works through emptiness to heal our channels(and in 'time' we learn to connect with our Spirit by trust and love) Don't worry if you fall asleep during/near the end of the meditation, you'll be fine.

The channels open in deep rest, relaxation and sleep, and are re-orginized (to some extent) on their own. (which is why you don't really want to eat a heavy meal before going to sleep) Meditation takes it a step further and allows you the opportunity to work with the 'extra energies' that your sub-concious didn't fully work out during normal sleep. In addition, time you spend in meditation can be substitute (partially) for sleep.

The Universe takes care of you, and only brings you lessons that you choose. Let go of the idea of 'losing energy' *can be* a silly belief more than anything, (notice how I said 'can be') You are connected with the Universe so any 'lost' energy will be made up for at some 'other time' (it's going where it's needed). However, if you are concerned with that aspect and would rather have a more 'consistant balance' (rather than like a see-saw)...

First 'let go' of the idea of 'losing energy' (yes keep doing the closing excersises, it's "likened to" turning off the faucet in a way) In my 'perspective' I have to close the energy, not because I 'lose', I've sometimes got 'too much' when I forgot to do the closing.

Then, you could 'write yourself a message' such as:

"After meditation, my dantien will automatically complete the closing/ending steps. My purified/healed energy will be with me."

Keep it simple for effectiveness. The unconcious can behave computer-like and takes things litterally sometimes.

Don't use words like "should, don't, won't" or 'negetive' concepts' in general. Keep 'no' and 'not' out. For example, don't say: "I will not lose energy" but rather "I will keep my renewed energy" is much more appropriate. It's not a 'negetive concept' and you are using "I will" which further strengthens your cause.

Also, don't use 'and' if possible. Keep sentences reletively short and simple, as if you are giving your computer brain instructions.

Say this affirmation to yourself 3 times, (you say do it outloud if that helps your affirmation even more) Feel that your subconcious got the message and trust that it will carry out your instructions (it will). After doing this for a few practices, you may notice you don't really need to 're-affirm' the message with words, but you get an 'energy feeling' of what the message is. This non-verbal, 'energy feeling' of the message/affirmation *is* actually the 'thought-form' of your affirmation's instructions "compiled" (like computer code)
(congrats you've just communed with your subconcious!!) when you need, you can just recall the feeling, thank your subconcious and go about your meditation.

(you can also 'un-install' old thought-forms, by using energy techniques/visualizations) so if you come across a 'negetive belief' or 'someone else's program' you can just "not put energy into it" and let it go 'as energy'

wink

~Z

Last edited by Zakyrus; 07/12/12 08:46 AM.
RCT Offline OP
OP Offline

Zakyrus, thank you very much for your thoughtful explanation.It makes sense to me, and I'll apply the concept. I like the suggestion about "After meditation, my dantien will automatically complete the closing/ending steps. My purified/healed energy will be with me." Good point! smile

Do/have you studied The Sedona Method? I have and I still do, and it helps a lot during meditation, too, letting go what's extra. You mentioned a few time the "letting go" process and I liked it! smile

Thanks!

Rose

Last edited by RCT; 07/14/12 10:22 PM.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved