Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

I have done the course but I find it an awful chore to actually do it. I have to have the table, prop the book up, go into photo view (which I hope doesn't make me blind over time) and think of specific reasons why you want to read the material. I mean when I want to read a book I just read it and absorb everything.

I have read many books (the orthodox way) and have never looked back and said I wish I didn't read those dozen chapters or so. Photo reason seems to take the joy out of reading. Before I could just read anything, like on an airplane, car etc. But with photo reading you have to have your paper, pen, table and everything there with you.

Any suggestions on how I can make photo reading easier? Is there a better way?

Learning Strategies Admin

What's your purpose for learning PhotoReading? If you're just doing it to read novels faster, why do it?

Alex

What I find new about photoreading is only the photo reading step. The other steps of photo reading are almost (more than 95%) same to speed reading.By learning speed reading , one can easily learn photoreading because previewing, postviewing, super reading and rapid reading all requires the skills of speed reading.So it can be concluded that :- speed reading+ mental photography= photoreading.
But speed reading is more believable than others because by my own experiences , I have found increased comprehension and speed in reading by the speed reading techniques (mainly meta-guiding techniques) but for mental photography , I don't know what to say because I can't find any benefits but still I believe that mental photography works , if not today , it will tomorrow.

I don't recommend learning speed reading before learning PhotoReading.

I've noticed that speed readers have more difficulty learning PhotoReading because they are unwilling to let go of the rush to read. The activation technique do require a little preparation and forethought in the beginning. That helps to build the body mind connection that allows the proficient PhotoReader to flip a book and know whether they need to do more with that book.

And if you don't practice speed reading regularly you wind up having to start over practicing again to get back up to speed if you've been away from it for a while.

PhotoReading is about having more choices about what and how you read so you can get your reading done in 1/3rd the time or less with the same or better comprehension that one gets with traditional reading. One major benefit I found is that the comprehension is longer lasting. Like years later I remember significant information from books.

Unfortunately while learning the system the speed reader needs to slow down a bit to experience what's happening. Once you build that body mind connection PhotoReading can take you beyond merely speed reading.

Alex

Like all of what I've read photoreading is very tricky for me to learn i know the steps but i need help with what I'm supposed to do exactly. Prepare- how do i prepare for something i dont know how to really do? Previewing-i dont think im doing it right isnt it just skimming? photoread- is also tough because i dont know how its supposed to feel i just feel like im staring at a blurry page and turning it every 1 or 2 seconds, as it is probally obvious i dont know how to post view either and activation is very hazy...its very obvious that I've never Photoread any thing but i have some very hard classes with a lot of reading attached to them and i really need help so could any body help by explaining in lame man's term what im supposed to do during all of these stages i'd very much so appreciate it

is there any one that can help? its very important
Originally Posted By: AvidLearner
Like all of what I've read photoreading is very tricky for me to learn i know the steps but i need help with what I'm supposed to do exactly. Prepare- how do i prepare for something i dont know how to really do? Previewing-i dont think im doing it right isnt it just skimming? photoread- is also tough because i dont know how its supposed to feel i just feel like im staring at a blurry page and turning it every 1 or 2 seconds, as it is probally obvious i dont know how to post view either and activation is very hazy...its very obvious that I've never Photoread any thing but i have some very hard classes with a lot of reading attached to them and i really need help so could any body help by explaining in lame man's term what im supposed to do during all of these stages i'd very much so appreciate it

I suggest you do the course. Or read the book. Each of the steps is explained in the book. The course takes you through the process.

If you've never PhotoRead anything you're not going to get much from activation are you?

I suggest you start doing. Like I said it's explained in the PhotoReading book and taught in the PhotoReading course.

Alex

I dont have the money to buy the course so i looked at my friends and its the same steps i just need them explained a little more

I suggest you at least borrow the book from your friend, or check the library they may have it. The steps are explained in the book.

Alex

Do you know how to photoread well?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved