Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#80657 11/02/12 12:51 AM
OP Offline

I cannot get my mind around the efficacy of Qigong in the scope of optimum health.

I read about masters practicing 2.5 hours per day.

Chunyi says jogging can be in a health program.

Yoga should be included for the stretching.

Pranayama should be included for that development.

Kundalini should be included for its hyper-yoga properties.

Mindfulness meditation should be included for its efficacious results.

My goodness. Where does one begin?

I am exhausted writing this blurb.

RCT Offline

laugh You made me laugh, Dwight1111!

Yes... I have thought the same thing...How can one fit all these things in one day schedule? I have heard of masters who meditate six hours per day!!!! How so? I wonder how much time they can dedicate to work/business; family; social life; leisure, etc...

Anyhow... I found out that we don't need to do six hours of practice everyday to see results. Neither practice all those things you mentioned, at once. As Chunyi says, if we do a little is better than not doing it at all. And I have proved this to be true! Besides, I have also found out that even not practicing QiGong for full two hours daily, and sometimes even not being able to do anything at all in some days, I can still get results - because of the frame of mind! Because of the positive attitude toward life and all things. Even doing only a little bit - say 40 minutes every other day - helps to keep us positive, sane, balanced, with that smiley face and inner feeling.

That's my experience, anyway.

I have been into so many "human development" programs... and I like and do at least six of them. Some can be combined. Here is my personal experience:

I do Qigong in the morning at the same time I listen to my Holosync program. It's one hour of meditation, concentration, positive and healthy flow... It feels really good! Then I go on with my day.

During my lunch time I workout, and then I "rest" a bit with Gerald O'Donnell's program. It helps me to keep focused and centered.

Back to work.

Then I do my things with family/home/leisure in the evening.

If I have an hour or so during the day or evening, I listen (again) to the audio program The Sedona Method. It helps me to remember that releasing our emotions and feelings is the best way to be balanced and achieve our goals.

Bed time: as I fall asleep I listen to Mind Fest Paraliminals. They relax me, and the great subliminal suggestions affect me very, very positively! smile

And so I go on, day after day. Some days are more agitated, I mean, the schedule is, and not always it's possible to follow all that... But, for the times I do, all the practice holds me in place and kind of compensate for the days I cannot do everything.

I guess the point is to not be stressed over the "need to", or "should", or "I have to". That feeling of "obligation" defeats the purpose of the whole human development and zen state.

I suggest we all do as we can, always trying a little better every time. Just because we do have the potential for that. If we relax, and do it - instead of calculating and thinking so much, we may find it easier and more effective.

:-)

Rose

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

smile

Good Question dwight1111,

You only have 24 hours during the day. Figure in sleeping, eating, using the restroom, then look at what your goals in regards to Success, health, relationships, and spiritual growth are and do what you find best support them for the time available.

There are a lot of ways to integrate Qigong into your day.

We like to refer to it as "Everyday Qigong." smile

Like anything we do out of habit, it started somewhere. Women looking for a way to get thee breast massage in each day? -add it as part of your morning shower. Sitting at a stop light? - do the neck circle. At your computer or sitting for a while?- stand up and tap your tail bone. Low energy? - take one minute to close your eyes and do a couple rotations of the small universe.

For your set Qigong practice during the day, start with a couple of active exercises and go right into your sitting meditation.

Much Love,
Shawn

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved