Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

In high school I got top grades in Math (95%). Its not that my gray matter was "Math" superior. It was the result of an ancient Chinese secret which I divulge here.

Practice, drill and rehearse. When you've completed this, Practice, drill and rehearse some more.

My Son had Leukemia as a 5 year old child. Prior to radiation literally I could not beat him at those children's memory games.

After the radiation it took something away. You'd never know it because in every way he is "normal" whatever that means.

He did very poorly in school. In Grade 9 math he never got over a 32%. In summer school he never got under a 90% in the same math.

We worked like feverish crazy people. If there was one step he didn't get we'd go over that step until he was dreaming about that step. Work. Intelligent effort.

My daughter is an R.N. She wants to enter Med School at some point in the future.

I want to internalize the strategies for excellence so that I can model them for her.

Speed is important.

I am not sure of the best way to approach this problem.

This question is unclear because my thinking is unfocused.

Assuming starting square one how does one condition one's mind for super achievement?

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Work in smaller blocks of time and do it often. See the Memory Optimizer course for linking and remembering techniques. Since math requires remembering the correct formulas in most cases.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved