Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hi, my names David, Im new to this forum. Ive been getting kind of frustrated with the active exercises, I know your supposed to go into the emptiness and be still, but my body keeps wanting to move around! Like when I do the Moving of Yin and Yang I feel force moving up my tailbone and it makes my entire spine shake like a snake!

The urge to move seems to come from a deeper place then my mind, like it seems the deeper I go into the emptiness the more the urge to move is, or the more energy I get in tune with, the more it is. In certain exercises I start to shake like someone with Parkinsons, its not unpleasant it feels like my bodys trying to repair my nerves, it feels like im never in my center and when i go back i have to start from the shakiness to go back to the stillness. Sometimes I got into spontaneous postures and just feel like sitting without thougt like Im dead.

The urge is very great to go into these postures as I feel like they are kind of the essence of all movements and exercise involving movement.

Also sometimes doing the exercises just a few minutes in I get very fatigued and just want to sleep really bad.

Dont get me wrong, the SFQ feels like its healing me its just frustrating and Im not sure whether to trust my instincts and sensation or to go through these almost random mechanical movments prescribed by someone else that I cant really feel why the exercises are designed that way.

So what do you think?

Amazing! How long have you been practicing? Spontaneous qigong is powerful! I do it everyday. If you feel your body moving on its own, just let it move and smile from your heart, don't be afraid of the movements, don't control it unless it gets TOO intense. This is a powerful way to cleanse blockages from your body. After the spontaneous movements, put your palms on your lower dantien and meditate for a minute or two to bring your energy back there. You may want to do a research on Wong Kiew Kit's Flowing Breeze Swaying Willows.

I get a rocking motion everytime I do qigong, cant help it, just happens..............I take it that most people get this while they practice.

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha DavidStone,

It's always great to do a "search The Forum" on your question topic before posting. Chances are, it has been answered, or at the very least, you stumble upon some other interesting information and insight.

Search the Forum
choose advanced
choose Spring Forest Forum
type in your keyword (Spontaneous in this case)
choose in the last 4 years
See what pops up.

When qi moves through blockages, you can get seemingly random movements. Those are all apart of the process - a "pushed" effect and now your back is more flexible. A shake in the shoulder and now you arm hangs correctly, etc.

If it's a bit much, you can thank it, and ask that it be just a little less pronounced, and bring your focus back to your exercise's movement, visualization, and breath.

Much Love,

Shawn

OP Offline

Hello all thank you for your replies, im sorry i waited so long to reply. Thanks very much Metal that was an encouraging comment. I have been doing SFQ for a few months but very sporadicly. I know that Chunyi says not to sway the spine during Moving of Yin and Yang for example, saying it keeps you from going to the emptiness level. So that had me worried over whether to try to supress myself or not. Theres not much getting around it though. I have to say I'm a very unusual person. I grew up in a cult where my dad made me do his own spiritual exercises/meditation/pranayma as a kid. I started doing drugs as a teen and they had a drastic effect on my system. They effected diferntly than other people and culminated in getting a strong energy sickness that almost killed me and im still recovering 2 years later. I researched alot and have learned alot of differnt energy work techniques, I know about Kunlun and spontaneous qigong for example. My favorite out of all of them is probably Nithyandas yoga system. Its free and online btw. His 7 steps to kundalini/enkriya meditation was proven to raise cellular energy levels by 1300% probably becuase of the oxygen increase by breath holding.
Anyways, every since that energy sickness caused by marijuana I have some anomalies like I dont have thoughts or a sense of Iness nearly as strong as i used to. I am oversentive to everything and whenver other people are around i feel like they mercilessly steal my energy until i feel like im going to die but i dont. Like litterally imagine your most core holy vitality being sucked away into something as powerufl as a black hole with no reversal no matter how hard you struggle until you feel no more alive than a corpse.
The problem is with all the mediations i try they all seem to hard for me. I seem to be both gifted and cursed ever since i changed. I am better at some things and worse at others spiritually.
Anyways it sounds like it might be a good thing that i go into the spontanoues movement stuff so ill get into that and see how it goes. i have a good feeling about it.
Another thing that happens is ill feel nothing and then get strong jolts of energy that kinda stress me out, they seem to powerful to "enter" so they end up cuasing a stress reaction. Also when i try to do moving of yin and yang i try to imagine the transparent colum but i feel that my torso is too tall or long and it creates a very uncomfortable feeling like im imblanacing myself by increasing that longness. And with the energy ball one, where you imagine your bodies energies in the ball it makes me feel as if im shrinking my body at a rapid rate and its not good. *sigh, just get up and try again, smarter and harder.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved