Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Jazz Offline OP
OP Offline

I'm a little unsure of how to visualise the colours in this exercise and how the movement of energy is coordinated with breath and hand movements ?

Am I visualising the 'small universe' circuit or just energy moving up and down the column ?

Thanks

Ah, with QiGong, there are MANY, MANY "levels".. start simple, go with the energy column, then in time, when you are comfortable with the movements and don't need to "think about doing them" experiment with doing the movements while holding focus on the Dan Tien or try the Small Universe. Just don't "burn yourself out" on lots of details. Stay simple. Flow.

~Z

Here is the correct answer for your question Jazz. Watch Master Lin. I visualize little rainbow lights in the column of energy.
No, you do not do small universe in the active exercises. You are visualizing energy moving up and down the column.
Small Universe is a sitting meditation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr5MkMLyoeI

Last edited by Mayflowers; 01/09/13 08:43 PM.

Once you advance in your practice, you won't need to visualize anything, I feel the qi like thick water or oil when moving my hands while doing this exercise.

^ Metal KNOWS.

In "Higher levels" the 'worlds' are invisible (for Knowledge needs no perception, hence it is complete).

On that note, I find it more effective to BE the clear channels. It 'seems' much more beneficial than visualizing the channels 'glowing with colors.' (though that will still be very effective in itself)

~Z

Last edited by Zakyrus; 01/11/13 05:41 AM.

Originally Posted By: Zakyrus
^ Metal KNOWS.
In "Higher levels" the 'worlds' are invisible (for Knowledge needs no perception, hence it is complete).

On that note, I find it more effective to BE the clear channels. It 'seems' much more beneficial than visualizing the channels 'glowing with colors.' (though that will still be very effective in itself)~Z

Just a reminder that most of the questions are from members that are new to Qi Gong and the answers I'm reading are IMO are not usable by a lot of newbies.

The "State" I'm talking about is actually of THE simplest concepts to understand. My apologies, I'll elaborate further...

In "Higher levels"... --this refers to the Universal Oneness where 'you' and 'the Universe' *blend* (by intention) together in the Emptiness, in that 'level' there are no levels, for YOU *are* the ALL.

...the 'worlds' are invisible--for Knowledge needs no perception, hence it is Complete).

--The One Mind, does not recognize 'outside seeing' in the sense, no 'external world'--but there *is* a world, with absolutely no dimensional constraints.

Perception needs "something to see" and something to see *with*. Thus 'seeing with a seer' (both are energy) so therefore they are BOTH an illusion and does not exist.

Why does he 'seeing arise with a seer'?
Try this... It's called "Quantum Observation" it's not 'third eye seeing' (or even two-eyed seeing)... it's like seeing 'with the crown' ...but not.

Watch an object (it could be a mental, emotional, energy, sensational, or even 'external' object) (or computer screen)

Visualize the object is made of energy, you are energy, the room is energy. Whoa....wait, the mind got weird for a brief second... WHAT just happened to 'THIS' in that (very brief moment) of realizing everything (even thoughts and feelings, body, galaxy, etc) are energy.

Well, you shifted your perspective. You got a brief 'moment' of 'seeing' particles-as-waves-as-particles of energy.

Pretty cool right? Well, check this out...try it whenever you think you are bored.

Observe a thought and be aware that you are aware of it. Where....rather, WHAT *are* you?!

Are you a body(Energy or 'Yang'), not a body (Mind or 'Yin'), or Neither(Dao)? If you answered Neither, what is it that gives you properties of being a body, or not a body? Are those properties 'Your SELF?'

In the Ancient times, it was said that ""Most 'Advanced' Practitioners"" derived their power from Emptiness. ...just don't forget that the 'Emptiness' is never empty, for in being 'Empty' of Itself, it is FILLED with the potential for ALL things and non-things.

I don't want to give out too much on this...it would ruin the discovery!! Use this info to "further" your contemplation of 'Emptiness' and eventually you WILL understand in a flash.

~Z

Jazz Offline OP
OP Offline

I think the challenge is when we begin to learn something we try too hard sometimes. It seems with SFQ the more you get used to it the more automatic the movements become therefore the more relaxed you become.

Another question....

With continued practice do you eventually 'see' the energy ? almost as if what you imagine becomes reality ?

Yes, after a year of practicing many forms of qigong, I could externalize my energy, although it's not very pronounced for now, maybe after another year it will be even stronger. I could gently move tiny and light stuff like needles, candle flames and small strips of paper from several inches to a couple of feet away with energy. But don't be distracted or attached to these phenomena for they can make you frustrated and stop you from going forward, just smile and let go during your practice and the universe will reward you in some way. Good luck in your practice and I hope you'd reach your goal whether it's for good health, spiritual development or building a strong energy to help others.

Jazz Offline OP
OP Offline

The 'Chi Power Plus' program mentions similar tests of ability. I like some of the ideas in the program. But I find very little about it on the web...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved